Kx-65

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Napper85

Reaction score
Probably doesn't fall into the 50s category, but this thing is the same size as most pitbikes and it leaves them for dead. My little brother got one brand new for his birthday, he's gonna get into racing MX. The thing is a quick little bike. If you have the money, not a bad bike to thrash around.

yes but as a pit bike you would need to get rebuilds and alot done reguraly

a 1990 model kx60 would be good to make a bike if you keep geting it re-built, wont cost much for an older model

When i rode through this back track to the local motorcross track, i wasn't ment to be there but a man on a kx65 chased me and i left him for dead, so it depends on the rider

i doubt, raced my mate on my pit bike and ate him, he just happens to own my old kx80, as they are rev heads its been bored out (not sure to how much) anyway this chick i new had a kx65 and i used to take my 80 to her house and we would ride around... anyway 65 was always following me on the 80...

the kwaka's were no older than the 90's my bike being a 98 and hers a 94

ohh, i was on pit bike, he was on 80.. we had rolling start i was in 2nd i didnt know what he was in but top gear both pined and nither could pull away... if it wasnt a rolling start he would have taken me on the take of..

the 80 must of been fucked because a 2-stroke would flog a pit bike on a strait and start off, also depends on rider

yeh 65's are awesum fun jus as long as you keep new pistons and rings in them

ohh, i was on pit bike, he was on 80.. we had rolling start i was in 2nd i didnt know what he was in but top gear both pined and nither could pull away... if it wasnt a rolling start he would have taken me on the take of..

Crazzy u tripping man, that 80 is either rooted or you must have a worked pitbike and not know about it. I ride against my mates on my stock AGB27 and there is 3 of them with 80's. a 82 KX80 a 94 YZ80 watercooled and a 96 RM80 watercooled they all smoke the shit out of me down straights but not through windy or uphill trails, i keep up with them.

it is a fact that thumpers require more maintenance and at a higher cost than a 2 stroke as they dont have valves or cams or cam chains. piston and ring doesnt last any longer in a thumper than a 2 stroke ,which is all you need to change obout once a year.as long as you keep clean air filters.the thumpers need valve clearance checks and or grinding all the time and can get very expensive if something goes wrong.plus the 2 strokes are water cooled ride em all day
ps. A yz80 will smash a 125cc pit pike any brand, anywhere, anytime.

it is a fact that thumpers require more maintenance and at a higher cost than a 2 stroke as they dont have valves or cams or cam chains. piston and ring doesnt last any longer in a thumper than a 2 stroke ,which is all you need to change obout once a year.as long as you keep clean air filters.the thumpers need valve clearance checks and or grinding all the time and can get very expensive if something goes wrong.plus the 2 strokes are water cooled ride em all day
ps. A yz80 will smash a 125cc pit pike any brand, anywhere, anytime.

Yeh a YZ80 will beat a pitbike, but if you buy either new a pitbike is alot cheaper, you spend the extra on doing up the pitbike and it will smoke the 80

nope wheels to small ,not enough suspension, not enough gears.they are pit bikes not race bikes.alot of people have pitbikes now as they are becoming affordable but once you ride a real bike you will soon realise they dont compare in a race situation

so pugs5l your saying that its out of the rhelms of posibility that a pitty could be the same speed or quicker than a 80 2 stroke regardless of the work done to it. 80 2 stroke now days go for what 6 - 7k (new) or something close to that mark. you can purchase a mini or build one yourself for the same figure that would have a fighting chance against the 80, especially considering the components that are available to consumers now days. so taking this into consideration if your piddy had this much power and then you throw the two bikes on a tight track what do you think the outcome would be? if i were a betting man i would more than likely put my money on the piddy.

Last edited:
my cuz has an 2001 kx60 flys cant wait to get my avenger i want to race him then ill tell you who wins. ill post some pics of his kx60 soon

nope wheels to small ,not enough suspension, not enough gears.they are pit bikes not race bikes.alot of people have pitbikes now as they are becoming affordable but once you ride a real bike you will soon realise they dont compare in a race situation

Lol your a f'n tool mate, watch this video. a Dude on a pitbike with 12inch wheels smokes some 250cc 2 stroke motocross bikes around a MX track, he does have some pretty nuts motor but still, wheel size doesnt mean shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTwG5yCrBY

it's because the track is winey and it is easy to turn with those bikes and they have really fast excelleration. That grc model cost $5000 new... and a yz 85 or whatever would smoke a pitty. end of story.

my bad, i was thinking of this vid where its a pocketrocket and motard racing, soz. the 250f riders wern't the best man lol

And you know because you were in the race? They looked pretty good to me, whats to say they aren't above average and the guy on the pitbike is fucking awesome rider?

fuck you. they are average riders on 4 stroke 250s.and he donsnt win?? hes a obviosly a pro rider but chad reed or ricky would have lapped him .get a real bike bitch, sick of the wankers on this site never riden a real bike .scared little kids.is there anyone here over 12years old?? anyone here who doesnt think a pitbike is the ultimate race machine??:mad:

so pugs5l your saying that its out of the rhelms of posibility that a pitty could be the same speed or quicker than a 80 2 stroke regardless of the work done to it. 80 2 stroke now days go for what 6 - 7k (new) or something close to that mark. you can purchase a mini or build one yourself for the same figure that would have a fighting chance against the 80, especially considering the components that are available to consumers now days. so taking this into consideration if your piddy had this much power and then you throw the two bikes on a tight track what do you think the outcome would be? if i were a betting man i would more than likely put my money on the piddy.
the 80 will win and will be better in any other situation you ride in such as the bush or a track 1 hour after being groomed where ruts eat 12inch wheels

Latest posts

Back