Lakeside minitard track

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ZZZ will pm you email address
glen we will bleed and win !! ;]
ringo im always posing
cr80 will be ready for the 2 oct
will it need extra muffling? glen ?

I have been told buy spectators that my KTM 85 isnt that loud. i just quickly put new glass packing in it. because its an old bike the excess oil goes crusty in the muffer and looks to provide now sound dampening. My elite pocket bike had this on the wkend so i easily repacked it and it was miles softer at the track last night.

Deeper notes travel further than higher pitch.

Last edited:
Hard to say Ron.
I had to fit a brand new Aprillia RS125 stock muffler to my Moriwaki to shut it up and it's running a CR80 motor.

Bring some muffler packing with you on the day and also a drill and rivits if it requires you to do so. I found from 2T pocket bikes is that if you drill out the small diameter holes in the muffler from 3mm to 6mm it knocks a few db's off, it's also dependant on how many holes are in it. There's a few other tricks but you probably know all these.

thanks for the pic ZZZ ,there great shots !!
the cr made smoke ,nearly ready

Gee dafunk i only hope my 50cc is as fast as your 70cc, you guys will be the ones to beat.

gee 2t tuner you may have to explain yourself ?
the cr is 80cc not a 70??
the crf150r is the bike to beat

hahaha were not putting 70 in its a 700
great first post ya troll
please keep on topic as there is another thread on the leminz

Just a reminder that this coming Sunday the 2nd Oct, is the next SWS track day.

See you guys trackside!!!!

you can use the ex of my bike
does the muffler come of your header pipr?
what outside diameter is it?
send a pic , i can haave a look
the cr should be ready anyway so
use my ex?

Had another crack at the track today - still all smiles :)
Had my gps on, top speed 103.81km/h

Glen, whats the laptimes normally on the Minitards there? Cant really figure out what mine was!!

Ron (DaFunk) had a high sider on the big tard and broke his wrist to my knowledge! Hope he's got a speedy recovery!

Can't really remember but to the best of my memory.. W/C Elite Minimoto - 30secs. Minitard - 28secs. Me/Moriwaki - 26 secs. Scooter - 28 secs. Supermoto - 26 secs.

Last I heard about Ron, it was a dislocation, so it's alot better news.. Get well soon and and speedy recovery to you!!! There's also a chance that crash was captured on a Go-Pro..

EDIT: I should also add, those laptimes are based on the first layout..

Last edited:
yeah broken , will know more this fri about expected recoverery
thanks to sws crew for great\fast pro crew thatgot me sorted asap
thanks to glen n kim
was thinking the cr80 would of been faster BUT theres quite a lot to improve on it
it wasnt running really well . my pit bike actully caught on fire !
till the next track day i can do

my wrist was dislocated and broken!
it now has wire supporting the ligaments also the wire is sticking out the side
to be removed later
ps did it on my big motard

cant get out there :( selling my bike because archy is crap and not many people go anymore !

Is it an inability to travel to Lakeside? If you're keen on selling your bike, pm me as I know someone who wants a bike to ride at Lakeside.

Latest posts

Back