lean or rich?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm i think we might need to make a thread to sort these rich or lean problem out, cuse there quite a few treads about this and there is a bit of help.
i think it might be running lean chek ur spark plug if its black and sooty its rich, but if its white then its lean.
my bike splutters wen turning the trottle and the spark plug is black so its rich

It sounds like it is running a bit rich. My Avenger was doing the same thing so i leaned it out slightly and that fixed the problem. Dont lean it out to much as those bikes need to be a bit rich to run right.

I havent noticed any power loss on my bike and mine is a little rich. Better rich then lean cus then the engine doesnt last as long if u run it lean. Same thing happened with my friends petrol rc car. He ran it heaps lean and the motor only lasted 3 months!!!!!!

how do you change the fuel mixture setting
its the screw with the spring behind it isnt it cant remember can someone please jog my memory

it depends on what carby you have, by the sounds of it with yours yes the one with the spring! the other one next to it is the idle speed:)

is my bike running rich because its spittin abit of oil out of where the exhaust and muffler join...not much though so does this mean my mixture is okay?

which way do you turn the screw to lean out the mixture, clockwise or anti-clockwise?

is my bike running rich because its spittin abit of oil out of where the exhaust and muffler join...not much though so does this mean my mixture is okay?

are you sure its oil, you may have just got a little bit of water in there and the water may have mixed with the carbon and it spits out a black liquid. i thought i had oil coming out but it pretty much impossible for oil to come out the exhaust . hope this helps.

Im having a simular problem, when i pull the throttle hard it bogs down and sometimes even shuts off.But when i open the throttle slowly everythings fine. Also theres a black liquid material coming from the exhaust where it connects to the muffler, im unsure if its oil or water as thumpy explained. And theres a sucking/vacuum sound somewhere near the air filter... Its my 125cc ssr semi-auto in my avatar. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :(

Im having a simular problem, when i pull the throttle hard it bogs down and sometimes even shuts off.But when i open the throttle slowly everythings fine. Also theres a black liquid material coming from the exhaust where it connects to the muffler, im unsure if its oil or water as thumpy explained. And theres a sucking/vacuum sound somewhere near the air filter... Its my 125cc ssr semi-auto in my avatar. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :(

Way to rich.. pull your plug after WOT run and it will be black.. nice bump on a 2007 thread

blowing smoke??? what colour?? could be fuel but most likely oil... bad rings would be the cause if its oil..

adjust your valve clearance as well

im currently running a 38mm size jet pilot, if im running lean due to the fact it sputters and boggs down when i WOT it should i go down to a smaller pilot jet size such as a 35mm?

Latest posts

Back