Legal Questions - Parks Victoria

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
Ok guys got a legal question about parks victoria and dse rangers, those type of people out in the bush,

What powers do they actually have out in the bush? Do they have the power to pull me over whilst out riding on the forest roads? Do i legally have to stop for them or can i just continue riding? Do they have the legal powers to ask me to show them my license and rego? or can i refuse as they dont have the authority? and do i have to take off my helmet if they ask me?

I know that i have to stop for the coppers out in the bush only if they signal me to pull over.

I've heard that they DO NOT have any authority to ask or do any of the above is this correct? I have also seen parks vic cars with the red and blue flashing lights on em, wtf is the go with that? i thought it was an offence to have those lights on a car if it wasnt a police car???

All this is refering to 4wd tracks and roads that are open to riders as well.

I am a licensed and regod rider as well so i dont have anything to worry about but just dont like stopping if i dont have to.

Also whats the go with off road riding and being find for it as described in the act? Does off road mean single tracks? in the forest or tracks that arnt on maps?

I've found these two sights but just to confusing to sift through it and find the info i want

For fines

Fees and Penalties under the Monetary Units Act 2004

Then the legal stuff

Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents

Thanks

Land Conservation (Vehicle Control) Regs 2003

Thats the reg i would like to know a bit more about too

This thread looks familiar from DBW. lol.

DSE has NO power whats over. End of Story.

Only stop for cops if they wave you over.

As for tracks, techinically there are only 100 legal rec reg roads in VIC. Anywhere else and they can technically do you. 99% cops won't unless your a smart ass.

so if im 14 with no reg riding in the wombat state forest nd dse come they cant do anything?

but if cops come be poliet yes sir no sir il get a slap on the wrist

and its not like im hooning around spining the wheels skiding or anything

so if im 14 with no reg riding in the wombat state forest nd dse come they cant do anything?

but if cops come be poliet yes sir no sir il get a slap on the wrist

and its not like im hooning around spining the wheels skiding or anything

DSE can't touch you but can report you to police.

No you will get fined if it's cops. Something to the tune of a grand. Because your also under age you their could possible be other fines as well.

In other words mate, if you see DSE then they can't touch you but if a copper waves you over your screwed.

orite thanks for that but what if the bikes got rec rego cos iv herd that if the bikes got rego and i come off even if im under age il be covered bt TAC because they have given up with taking every case to court but i have nfi where to look to see if its tru

This thread looks familiar from DBW. lol.

DSE has NO power whats over. End of Story.

Only stop for cops if they wave you over.

As for tracks, techinically there are only 100 legal rec reg roads in VIC. Anywhere else and they can technically do you. 99% cops won't unless your a smart ass.

haha yes you would be correct :p

Just thought there might be some people that know some more legal stuff here and might be able to show me a reg that states that

and fwiw 90% of the time DSE hangs out with a copper or has them close at hand, normally in the forest at the same time.

If your doing the RIGHT thing, you have no need to run....

yeah i know they hang out with coppers some times, but if i see em im not gonna stop unless they flag me down. I'm licensed and got reg so im doing the right thing just dont wanna stop if there is no need and it appears that way with the gse seems how they got no authority

Latest posts

Back