lei moto xk 90cc crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here

I don't know if I've posted this in the right section....but here's my problem.
I recently bought a lei moto 90cc crf50 pit bike and had to assemble some things like putting all the foot pedals, the front wheel (first problem) and fitting the rear shock (second problem).

Regarding the front wheel, it has a disk brake, the brake pads won't open up their like fused shut or something. Second (major) problem is the rear shock, I can't seem to pivot the rear axle in order to bolt on the shock. As for the rear wheel, it can't rotate because the batter box under the seat is touching the tyre. Maybe pics of these problems will help as I don't think I'm explaining myself properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 25
throw the bike on a milk create and take the back wheel off it will make installing the shock heeps easier
second you might find the front brakes just need the pistons in the caliper pushed back in grab a flat head and carefully wedge it in between the brake pads and pry then open a bit
they could also have over filled the brake system not allowing any movement so you will have to drain a bit of oil out of the bleeder valve (odd for china man they useually have not enough oil)

you probably should bleed the crap brake fluid out anyway

good luck with that bike mate there a pretty cheap thing so expect to ride it twice and have it fall to bits
maybe this thread might help ya a bit

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-tutorials/13237-video-how-setup-your-bike.html
and this
http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-tutorials/14996-video-brake-bleeding-masterspoon.html

Dude...you're awesome.

Any idea where that hose leads to? I think its from the oil reservoir but don't know where it hooks upto

Yeah it does ay, it was only 600 bux. I'm not going to do any jumps or anything just ride on the flat.

I've stupidly bent the rear brake pedal arm, any easy way of bending it back in place?

appreciate the help

cheers

Last edited:
That hose is your crank case breather hose. It doesnt lead to anywher it just sits down the back of your engine out of the way. If the pedal is only steel not alloy which I imagine it is, you can straighten it using a couple of vice grips or multy grips to twist and maneuver it, they straighten pretty easy.

when I turned the bike upside down, all this oil came out of the breather hose, is that normal. (went all over the garage floor......dad wasn't too impressed)

Also, Is there any way I can lower the rear axle? I can't for the life of me fit the damn rear shock.

lol...please tell me this is my ignorance preventing me from setting up this bike, or did they send me a dud?

cheers guys

Last edited:
its your ignorance peventing you:p

why did you turn it over??

like coolie said put it on the crate, that'll let the rear axle drop so you can fit the shocky in...

hmm doesn't sound good..easy fix don't tip it over..

lol dude you cant tip a motorbike upside down!

you dont sound too mechanicaly minded so this might seem like a real hassle but in reality its pretty simple.

why are you having trouble getting the shock in? is it because the shocks too long to fit inbetween the bits where it bolts in?

like what has already been said put it on a milk crate so the swingarm can drop down.
if it wont drop down while its on the milk crate it could be because the chain is holding it up.

if thats the case then you might want to pull out the rear axle bolt and move the wheel forward thus taking tension off the chain. then fit the shock, then put the axle bolt and wheel back together.
taking the wheel on and off can be a bit of a pain if you havent done it before so just go slow and remember how it all goes together.

if the bike is on the milk crate and the chain has slack in it but the swingarm wont pivot at all you might want to pull the bolt out that holds the swingarm on and re-grease everything and make sure nothings seized. this seems really unlikely though so you probably wont need to go this far.

the back tyre is probably touching the battery because the shock isnt in yet. once the shock goes in it will hold the back tyre down far enough to clear the battery hopefuly.
if it doesnt you've got 2 options:
1. relocate the battery
2. pull the battery and electric start out completely (probably go option 1 cause its a bit easier)

if you need any more help just ask, and remember - keep the bike vertical!

edit: just had another look at your pics and your chain looks extreeeemely tight, that might be cause you havent put the shock in yet though.
anyway like i said earlier that might be why your swingarm wont move

Last edited:
it looks like your chain is way too tight, loosen off the tensioner don't take the wheel off or you'll probably screw yourself even more.
I've circled the tensioner in this pic (not the axel!), once you loosen it you need to lift the bike up off the ground so either put it on a milkcrate or get someone to hold it up and the shock should fit in easily.

sorry mate but lei sucks pretty hard so get used to frustrating BS like this

img0386nys.jpg

Last edited:
really tight. really really really tight. loosen axle nut, back of chain tensioners, kick tyre forward in swingarm. you want about an inch of play on the chain when your sitting on it, with the shockie in...
and maybe, just maybe, loosen the swingarm pivot a lil bit...

tipped it upside down? no comment... just, um, pull the spark plug out before you kick it over again, just in case you have gotten oil into the cylinder...unlikely, but possible...

front brakes. dont undo the bleed nipple! take the cover off the damn master cylinder, then wedge the pads apart.... any excess fluid will return to the resoivoir, then hopefully, overflow(mind that garage floor again:p)... then pump them back tight, then wedge em apart, repeat a few times...

and that looks like one stupid place to have a battery...

Thanks so much for your replies.....every bit counts!

in order to rotate the rear wheel, should I put the bike in neutral?
also, how do I un-clinch the rear break pads so that the wheel can rotate freely?

(why the &*^$ did I buy this bike)

yep put bike in neutral should be at the bottom(0-1-2-3-4) just click down a few times, then try and spin the wheel if nothing get a flat head screw drive and CAREFULLY priy them apart off the disc..(brake pads)

dunno..how much did it cost??

Yes put it in neutral. Dont touch the rear brakes, if the chain is that ight it stops the wheel from spinning. Just jack it up so both wheels are off the ground, dont have anything touching the wheels that can interfere.
Loosen the rear axle nut(the bigish nut on the right hand side on the big bolt that goes through the centre of the wheel). Now loosen the chain tensioner like DVDrip circled.
To do this there is a bolt with a nut on the end touching the swingarm. Undo the nut first and screw the bolt in. As the bolt goes in the chain gets loose, as the chain gets loose the wheel and swingarm will go lower if they are hanging freely.Eventually they will be low enough to fit the shock in.
You may have to bang the wheel forward as you loosen the screw in if it doesnt move automatically, it may stick a bit.
Remember that there are 2 of the adjusters, one on each side. They have to be screwed in the same distance or the wheel will sit crooked. Screw in a bit on 1 side then the same on the other.
When your all finished tighten all the bolts. When you sit on the bike and your all finished you should be able to move the chain up and down about 2 cm, it should never be real tight.

Thats about as simple as I can explain it. If you cant get it I can do it to my bike and take some step by step photos for you in the morning.

whoops my computer had a glitch and double posted

Last edited:
lol dude you cant tip a motorbike upside down!

you dont sound too mechanicaly minded so this might seem like a real hassle but in reality its pretty simple.

why are you having trouble getting the shock in? is it because the shocks too long to fit inbetween the bits where it bolts in?

like what has already been said put it on a milk crate so the swingarm can drop down.
if it wont drop down while its on the milk crate it could be because the chain is holding it up.

if thats the case then you might want to pull out the rear axle bolt and move the wheel forward thus taking tension off the chain. then fit the shock, then put the axle bolt and wheel back together.
taking the wheel on and off can be a bit of a pain if you havent done it before so just go slow and remember how it all goes together.

if the bike is on the milk crate and the chain has slack in it but the swingarm wont pivot at all you might want to pull the bolt out that holds the swingarm on and re-grease everything and make sure nothings seized. this seems really unlikely though so you probably wont need to go this far.

the back tyre is probably touching the battery because the shock isnt in yet. once the shock goes in it will hold the back tyre down far enough to clear the battery hopefuly.
if it doesnt you've got 2 options:
1. relocate the battery
2. pull the battery and electric start out completely (probably go option 1 cause its a bit easier)

if you need any more help just ask, and remember - keep the bike vertical!

edit: just had another look at your pics and your chain looks extreeeemely tight, that might be cause you havent put the shock in yet though.
anyway like i said earlier that might be why your swingarm wont move

I have taken the rear wheel off, don't worry I know a guy who is a bike mechanic he should know how to attach it.

but even with the wheel off the swing arm isn't lowering.

yep put bike in neutral should be at the bottom(0-1-2-3-4) just click down a few times, then try and spin the wheel if nothing get a flat head screw drive and CAREFULLY priy them apart off the disc..(brake pads)

dunno..how much did it cost??

600 bux off ebay (yeah at the time i thought it was a bargin, but I wished I checked with you guys first, lei moto seems to be &^*@)

LOL dude i got xk110 same bike different engine ive had it for about 6 months now i can tell you now it is a great lil bike i had the same problems the rear brake is realy stiff i know but i had to just ride it with the brake on and it wore away and was fine after that the pads just have a coating of crap on them once its gone its fine the front brake just wedge a screwdriver in there and pry it apart to put the rear shock on was a bitch to do but all you have to do is get someone to hold the rear end up and put shock in place

i suggest u put new oil in it asap do not ride with the fish oil it comes with lol i did for ten minutes and it started smoking lol

i suggest changing sprockets on this bike as mine were exactly the same and has a terrible top speed 1st gear flatstick got you going about 2 kph lol

ohh yea and the gearing they tell u it is would probibly be wrong i was told it was 1 down 3 up and after 40 mins of trying to figure out wat was going on it was all down and rotary that made it even more confusing as neutral kept coming around

ive bent my rear brake lever plenty of times from stacking just grab a big shifter and bend it back into place easy

and the front forks will bottom out very easily but i figured out how to stop that and make them good and stiff i can now jump without bottoming out it was very messy but i filled up the forks with motor oil LOL i know it sounds bad but it actually works really well ive had no problems with it eating away with the seals or anything but only do it iff u know what your doing it was very messy.

anything else you want to know just ask me good luck with your bike

Yes put it in neutral. Dont touch the rear brakes, if the chain is that ight it stops the wheel from spinning. Just jack it up so both wheels are off the ground, dont have anything touching the wheels that can interfere.
Loosen the rear axle nut(the bigish nut on the right hand side on the big bolt that goes through the centre of the wheel). Now loosen the chain tensioner like DVDrip circled.
To do this there is a bolt with a nut on the end touching the swingarm. Undo the nut first and screw the bolt in. As the bolt goes in the chain gets loose, as the chain gets loose the wheel and swingarm will go lower if they are hanging freely.Eventually they will be low enough to fit the shock in.
You may have to bang the wheel forward as you loosen the screw in if it doesnt move automatically, it may stick a bit.
Remember that there are 2 of the adjusters, one on each side. They have to be screwed in the same distance or the wheel will sit crooked. Screw in a bit on 1 side then the same on the other.
When your all finished tighten all the bolts. When you sit on the bike and your all finished you should be able to move the chain up and down about 2 cm, it should never be real tight.

Thats about as simple as I can explain it. If you cant get it I can do it to my bike and take some step by step photos for you in the morning.

man..that would be awesome if you could do that thanks only if u don't mind

Are you sure that there isnt something holding the swingarm in place from the packaging? My bikes have always come with a metal bar between the swing arm and frame in place of the shock. If there is absolutely nothing to restrict it than I would guess the swingarm bearings may be seized but you need to get someone to look at it cause its hard from just a couple of photos. Get your mechanic mate to look at it and let us know how you go for future reference.

your right mine came with a metal bar bolted where the shock is supposed to be but on the pics it isnt there

LOL dude i got xk110 same bike different engine ive had it for about 6 months now i can tell you now it is a great lil bike i had the same problems the rear brake is realy stiff i know but i had to just ride it with the brake on and it wore away and was fine after that the pads just have a coating of crap on them once its gone its fine the front brake just wedge a screwdriver in there and pry it apart to put the rear shock on was a bitch to do but all you have to do is get someone to hold the rear end up and put shock in place

i suggest u put new oil in it asap do not ride with the fish oil it comes with lol i did for ten minutes and it started smoking lol

i suggest changing sprockets on this bike as mine were exactly the same and has a terrible top speed 1st gear flatstick got you going about 2 kph lol

ohh yea and the gearing they tell u it is would probibly be wrong i was told it was 1 down 3 up and after 40 mins of trying to figure out wat was going on it was all down and rotary that made it even more confusing as neutral kept coming around

ive bent my rear brake lever plenty of times from stacking just grab a big shifter and bend it back into place easy

and the front forks will bottom out very easily but i figured out how to stop that and make them good and stiff i can now jump without bottoming out it was very messy but i filled up the forks with motor oil LOL i know it sounds bad but it actually works really well ive had no problems with it eating away with the seals or anything but only do it iff u know what your doing it was very messy.

anything else you want to know just ask me good luck with your bike

lol dude..im ready to take a hammer to this bike. First off, the instructions don't really tell you anything. when i took it out of the box the battery under the seat was literally stuck on the tred of the rear tyre and the chain was fairly loose but the swing arm is like glued maybe I should spray some wd40 in there ay?

Im sure I'll fix it some day, just right now im too frustrated to do anything

cheers

Latest posts

Back