lei moto xk 90cc motor problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
Guys.....I'm starting to understand why many people don't buy from leimoto, but I feel that you experienced people can help with my problem.

When I kick it and rev it a couple of times to warm it up, it will eventually die if I don't keep revving it. After it dies, I kick it over again and hear a strange noise coming from near the gear shift pedal like maybe within the clutch or something :confused: I can't really describe it, I guess it's kind of like a whirring sound :confused:

I appreciate all your comments......and remember I'm novice

cheers

the whirring is the starter motor and chain. usually cause it kicks back a little and engages the one way clutch in the flywheel. nothing to worry about.(it does have a starter doesnt it? else whys it got a battery?)

for the running isssues... first, find the idle screw on the carbie(should stick out of the side of the carbie, and try increasing the idle speed. failing that, right click search tab, open in new window/tab...valve adjustment:)

a key start? yes it does

next to the air filter, there's a little up/down switch, choke?? i don't know.

on the left side of the bike there's a fuel line switch (on/off), obviously it has to be on.

but ya I'll check out that valve thing.

another thing, it's a 4-stroke bike and my mechanic put 2-stroke petrol in the tank - he said that it won't hurt it just generate alot of smoke. He also adjusted some screw at the side that limits the fuel flow or something, not sure.

cheers mate

yes up/down switch is choke, you'lll have to figure out for yourself which way is on/off, you only ever want the choke on when starting the bike from cold
I've found china engines need valves adjusted while running in and fairly regularly after that so have a look
why do you kick it over when you have elec start?

is your mechanic any good? he should explain this stuff to you

try not let all this crap get to you, you're learning while fixing stuff like this

yes up/down switch is choke, you'lll have to figure out for yourself which way is on/off, you only ever want the choke on when starting the bike from cold
I've found china engines need valves adjusted while running in and fairly regularly after that so have a look
why do you kick it over when you have elec start?

is your mechanic any good? he should explain this stuff to you

try not let all this crap get to you, you're learning while fixing stuff like this

out of the box the battery was dead so, i was on it this arvo and the funniest thing happens, you kick it over rev it a bit then it idles for like 5 seconds then dies. The electronic key start does work just not from a cold start, I'm going to buy some 4 stroke fuel tomorrow (93) that may just fix the problem. To test the bike out, the guy had some 2 stroke fuel in his garage and we just used that, he says is wont hurt but i should top it up with 4 stroke when i got a chance.

meh, 2 stroke wont hurt it...watch, everyone will start whining and saying it will foul your plug... it wont, not if its tuned in right(and it probably will be if its new... or close enough to do for your purpose)

bit of extra upper cylinder lube while its running in:) bet you dont even see any smoke...unless its a really oily mix...

yeah, and dont waste money on premium/hi octane fuel either....

and the screw your mate adjusted would either be the idle or the mixture... idle makes more sense...

Last edited:
meh, 2 stroke wont hurt it...watch, everyone will start whining and saying it will foul your plug... it wont, not if its tuned in right(and it probably will be if its new... or close enough to do for your purpose)

bit of extra upper cylinder lube while its running in:) bet you dont even see any smoke...unless its a really oily mix...

yeah, and dont waste money on premium/hi octane fuel either....

and the screw your mate adjusted would either be the idle or the mixture... idle makes more sense...

Cheers headsmess, yeah the idle screw sounds right. If I adjust that screw (or get a person who knows what his doing) do you reckon that would solve my issue about it cutting out, or should I try cleaning out the carburetor?

And regarding the fuel, what do you recommend? In the manual it recommends 93 or at least 90, I think 91 is the standard unleaded petrol you get at the station?

just use unleaded...the idel screw it's not hard to figure out what your doing with it.. i heard its roughly 2.5(approx) turns out from it screwed all the way in..its just a flathead screwdriver that you'll need to do this..

well id say 2 stroke fuel wouldnt burn as well as 4 stroke giving it a lower idle makes sense yess?

well id say 2 stroke fuel wouldnt burn as well as 4 stroke giving it a lower idle makes sense yess?

Hey qwerty, you've got the same bike ay? what the hell does that little yellow button do on the left handle under the kill switch do it's frustrating the crap out of me. And did you find that the throttle cable comes loose very easily?

Cheers mate

Last edited:
the little yellow button is the electric start button you have to hold the front brake on and the button to get it to work and aboout the throttle yes it is very loose i just changed the carbie and that fixed it cheers

Latest posts

Back