Length of my bars?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benox

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well tomorrow I'm going to buy Pro tapers .. I managed to save 90 dollars without spending it [Money burns a hole in my pocket] .

So, Before I rang the shop I'm going to and asked if they have tapers, they said yes and then I said "Do you have Tapers for a CRF50 or XR50?" and shes like No we dont have them like that, we have them in different bends.. you will need to measure your bars and then ring back. My bike is at my pas and hes up in avoca at the moment [The bush] so I can't get in his garage to measure them.

So what is the exact length of my bars? Well.. I assume all bars are the same length for these bikes.

Thanks,
ben

it dosent matter about length just go there and look on the packaging like the barcode and it should say xr50 on that or high or somthing.

Thats why I rang them and said "DO YOU HAVE CRF50 OR XR50 BARS" and they said We dont have them like that, we have them in different bends like mcgrath and stuff, you'll need to measure the length of your bars.

Yeah If they don't have pro taper seven eighths XR50 bars then don't get anything else

Benox man the bars they are talking about are ones for big bikes, they got no height in em they would be s*&$ as.

The others are big bike bars, just buy them online like I did.

They are great because they are tiny bit higher so you can stand up without streaching your arms to much. Great for jumps.

Well, before i spent about 20 minutes on the phone arguing with the lady at the motorbike shop about what type of bars I want she had no fucking idea, finally she found them. So I went down at got myself a brand new set of Pro taper SE XR50 Bend Bars :D They look ownage!
Gonna put em on tomorrow or something.

Special thanks to Daniel40, my manbitch.. He helped me to be able communicate to the mongoloid at the motorbikeshop, THANKS M8!

Last edited:
was it a miscommunication between you and the lady at the shop or was it more cluelessness of the shop? have to keep some things in mind when ordering parts, specific in the item you want, give ALL the details you can, KNOW what you want!! which you obviously didnt, or you would have gotten them the first time you called.. lol..

Least you got them now. Good stuff! Maybe do a "How to change you bars over" thread, include DETAILED pictures of removing controls, adjusting the bars to fit, etc. Is there any information on the packagaing about road use!??

No, Foolsp33d this lady was completely retarded.. I said to her multiple times "I NEED PRO TAPER SE XR50 BEND BARS" and shes like " Do you want Carmichael bars? We dont have the XR50 bars.. " .. Oh well, as you said Im glad I finally got them..

Nope says nothing about road use.. If you mean riding bike on the road?, it just says it needs to be tightened to 130-150 Torque Inch pounds.

Thats a will do, I'll take some detailed pics when I'm changing my bars on how to do everything! Better be stickied eh? :D

I dont think thats necessary, anyone knows how to change the bars... if you can use a screwdriver you can change the bars.

dude i've seen some dumb people in this world
if benno is bored enough to post instructions on how to change bars let him
no pun benno your a gun (for a young bloke)

Someone on this site disconnected their brake hoses when they changed their bars, so not everyone is fully clued up.

lol it is fair easy but still its not easy for everyone so make a thread on how to do it i think that miniriders should make a how to topic like mini chat and techtalk and put different threads in it like how to do stuff on a bike.

Someone on this site disconnected their brake hoses when they changed their bars, so not everyone is fully clued up.

Heheheheheh

Well Ive owned some pretty bad china's so I learned how to change everything, changed the frame and gearbox. A china bike teaches you everything really, its just learning the hard way. You can find websites with "how to's" anyway.

Latest posts

Back