lets talk ROAD BIKES. Learner Legal.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
ok so im traveling about 70km a day to and from work, and rather than using the zook, im looking at a bike. 95% of the journey is along the freeway, and im fearing that the zook will live a short life, if i keep up these k's and speeds day in day out.. Iv been pretty slack of late and as much as iv been wanting to get my bike license.. im yet to do so.. BUT I WILL before the purchase!

so.. who is riding ROAD bikes.. not xr's or KLX's a proper ROAD bike..

iv been looking at the Hyosung 650's which are a Lams approved bike. brand new RRP is $6990 +ORC so about 8k ON road. id put a pipe on it so add another $500 or so. Has anyone had or have one?

gt%20650%20efi.jpg

leovincegt650.jpg

If you are off your Probationary bike license, and currently have a 'larger bike' what did you learn on and what were your thoughts?

the 250's ring out to about 180 kliks so the 650 is at least gunna get there faster
me personally i've got a free and very comfy ford ranger between me and the bitchy and i'm gunna keep it that way

although i rode a brand new gsx1000 the other day and well lets just say i now know why the front wheel on those things last so long
they are spastic

but $$$$$

Sp33d don't get a hyosung gt250R they are slow & crap, my 50 can beat one lol...
but serious my mate had one & hyundai Excels could beat him

the 650's are even worse, i'm not a big fan of hyosungs, you should get a nice mid '90s ZX6R or something

think Japanese when you think motorcycle not korean or china

ive got myself a honda cbr 125.

its a small bike but im only light so its good for me.
its fuel injected and runs on the smell of an oily rag.

i got 150cc kits here for those, was thinking about getting one just to hack around on when i get my license back

yeah for a small cc bike i reckon they're great!
gotta keep em up around 7-8000 rpm.
that when they are at there best!!

I have ridden the gt250 as mentioned they are rather slow compared to its jap competition but have never ridden the 650 so I cant comment on that. One good thing about them though is there price and there warranty. They also look nice aswell but I wouldnt buy one.

the hyo 650's are apparently pretty slow too but once you get ur full license you can get the restrictor taken out then you have full 650cc's of grunt.

are the 150cc kits hard to fit?

probably not barnsey! unless the cops wanted it dyno tested for some legal reason...............eg: screamin up the road on the back wheel with L plates on........................;-)

i dont ride with my L plates on anyway....ive been there,done that years ago in my youthful days........lol

so.. who is riding ROAD bikes.. not xr's or KLX's a proper ROAD bike..

just gotta say, my XR650 is plated and roadlegal, a friend of mine rides an GSX-R 600, one day when we went home from work my cocky friend wanted to race my "puny" XR, on the first straight he could find he floored it in 1st gear on his GSX-R, I floored it in 3rd gear and absolutely killed that Gixxer!
while he had to wait for the power to kick in, I power-wheelied ahead of him, I had like a 100m lead into the first corner. thats the XR's 60hp against the Gixxers 110hp.... he of course killed me when the speed excessed 65mph...

DON'T get a hyodung.

I like the CBR250's but soo many for sale have had their odometer turned back and the only good models are the RR's. The R's have one disc brake on the front wheel (not 2 like the RR) and they had to be imported to australia.

When I eventually get a job I want to get a motard though.

I don't know your price range, but I would be getting...

CB250
DRZ250/400
XR
VTR250
theres more but you get the point.

What are the laws for your L's over there?

cheers

Latest posts

Back