lewis' 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoulhogg

Reaction score
okay guys, i started off with a "dhz" pitty that i bought off gumtree for $200 haha
i thought it was reasonable as i really wanted a mid-size pitbike.
i picked the bike up and it was filthy...
they must have left it dirty to hide all the imperfections.
i wasnt expecting a perfect bike for $200
i got it home and noticed the rear end was really stiff and it was sagging.
didnt take long for me to realize that the swingarm and shock were shot, the welds had cracked on the swingarm and pushed the mounts through the swingarm itself haha
for the shock it must have bent then broke all the seals and lost all pressure.
i used one of my spare swinarms i had lying around and ordered a new shock off ebay.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.21.07 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.21.07 AM.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 21
Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.24.09 AM.png

got some you dunlops treads installed as the other ones were doneeee.
as soon as i knew i was getting new tyres i decided to fill the garage with burnt rubber smoke ;)
the dunlop rubbers are really nice tyres. highly recomend em for the $$

Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.22.47 AM.png

decided i would paint the frame white.
i like the look of it

Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.23.41 AM.png

in the process of the tear down i discovered a couple parts that were cooked so i made a little dhz order.
got a airfilter, shifter, pt drips, new gripper seat.
i also went down to motorbike city to get myself some nice foldback levers. they work a treat.
also got some cheeky pink fuel hose

forgot to mention i gave my swingarm a coat of matte black :)
at the moment im waiting on some crf70 plastics to arrive from dhz and i also ordered some graphics off ebay.
gotta love those cheap china graphics haha..
ill put up another picture when they arive.

Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.38.53 AM.png

i had some spare wheels lying around so i decided to de-lace em and give them a nice coat of paint.
ill chuck these on the bike once i have some extra $$ lying around for some new tyres.

Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.39.14 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-09-10 at 11.39.14 AM.png

looking good mate!

it all the little extras that you do help make the bike more reliable and last longer.
the neglected state you see some bikes in upsets me sometimes, big $$ bikes sitting there rusting etc...

anyway, good work so far, and keep up the updates

nice one, you got yourself a nice bike there! What graphics did ya go for? i might be gettin myself a set and havent really found many that tickle my fancy yet.

image.jpg

I went with these, not sure how they will look on my bike.
Will probably look horrid but we shall see.
If they look bad ill just buy some different ones haha

dont worry about the look too much, i mean do want it to look fast or go fast? besides, they'll look good anyway :)
top stuff mate.

Cheers man, saving a some money for a bigger donk to slap in her ;)
Time will tell aye!

Nice!! what are you thinking? the gpx 125's are a beast for the money, then theres the 155z HO pitsterpro engines there pretty nice, but then theres the holy grail of engines, the BEES KNEES!! (prepare yourself, this could get messy)

THE DAYTONA 4V 190!!

LOL

Was thinking a z160 but my decision could change by the time I have enough money hahahaha!

wow dude, you did a really good job! most people crease it and get un-even coverage with heat wrap +reps dude! :)

Latest posts

Back