lifan 125 not starting well?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red23

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Recently I installed a lifan 125 in my postie bike, and she runs/starts easily and no problems. Usually full choke, couple of twists of the throttle and second/third kick she starts and stays running.

Now I can't get her to start, full choke couple of twists and she runs for a little bit then dies. Almost sounds like starving. After trying a few times and failing I ended up just choke off and roll starting (I live on a big hill) and that got her going. Little bit hesitant at first but then all good.

Now I've had electrical issues and sorted them out, I'm now thinking its fuel supply but not sure.

So what do you think, carby tune or air/fuel mixture?
its running this carb from DHZ Mikuni 26mm Racing Carburetor Kit, 90cc 110cc 125cc

Cheers

What size jets are you running pilot should be a 15 or 17.5 and how the mixture screw. Is it a new plug! To me it sounds like to much fuel, fouling.
Try leaning it out, new plug and some fresh fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

thanks mate

Its all brand new, I checked the plug when I got it (just having its 200km oil change) and its fresh oil.

I'll have a look at the mixture. Had a little hiccup on the way home just then, a couple of pops occurred earlier today so I'm thinking maybe there is unburnt fuel etc? Maybe fuel mixture and timing? Purrs when its warm though

the mixture screw is up underneath the carby, next to the tube section of the fuel bowl
it can be hard to get at.

i use a screwdriver bit to adjust mine, be careful not to burn your fingers on the cylinder

i would recommend you buy and fit a #20 Pilot jet, it makes them so much easier to start and more responsive too.

ok I've ordered a 20 slow jet and we'll see how that goes.

Cheers all

Latest posts

Back