lifan 125cc type r head help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINI_RIDER_69

Reaction score
i just put new gearbox in my lifan 125cc type r head and it isnt going into netrual any ideas what that might be ?

and also the kickstarter wont go all way down what could be stopping it?
Is there anyway to adjust the kickstarter spring ?

any help would be appreciated thanks

hows the compression????

take clutch plate off and see if there is anything wrong with the gear selector.....gearbox done any work????

why would you take the clutch plate off wtf?? lol take off the clutch cover and check to see if the little shift star thingo is on right it happnd to me make sure its tight.

Your going to have to pull it down again if the selector isnt working.

When ever you put a box back together always make sure you can select the gears, kick start returns and clutch works before you continue putting the head and gaskets on.

Im not going to go into detail but you haven't put the kick start, selector and gears in properly.

They will be simple things when you find them so id pull it back down and have a close look at what things are catching and grabbing when you turn the main shaft around.

Good luck mate!

Compression wont have anything to do with it and timing shouldnt but.... that might be next question he asks once these problems are fixed:D

Last edited:
he wont have to take the top end off only the the clutch cover(right side engine cover).take the clutch off and the primary gear(that big sprocket thing) and the selecter will be right there.

You have to split the cases to get the whole mechanism out. If he put one of the arms around the wrong way or a cog where its not meant to be he'll have to.

But yes just to select gears via the nut on the end yes you only have to take the clutch cover off. You cant see jack for .... if you just do that.... i can see the engine in parts again.

If he's got the cam timing out the valves will hit the piston and stop the kick start lever from going all the way down ... LOL ... A lot of people think you just put the timing chain back on the sprocket without lining up any timing marks ...

I once offered to help a guy replace a head on a Subaru but he declined my help stating that he was a qualified diesel mechanic ... We saw his missus a few weeks later and asked what happened to her Subaru ... She said her boy friend the big diesel "mechanic" had simply put everything on without lining anything up or timing the distributor and bent every single valve ... The head was left unrepairable ...

haha yeah heaps of people do that my mate did it to his lifan 125 with a new head i gave him

thnaks guys i think satchy is right i might of put arms on wrong and yer i have broke it down now should look at it on morning thanks guys

If he's got the cam timing out the valves will hit the piston and stop the kick start lever from going all the way down ... LOL ... A lot of people think you just put the timing chain back on the sprocket without lining up any timing marks ...

I once offered to help a guy replace a head on a Subaru but he declined my help stating that he was a qualified diesel mechanic ... We saw his missus a few weeks later and asked what happened to her Subaru ... She said her boy friend the big diesel "mechanic" had simply put everything on without lining anything up or timing the distributor and bent every single valve ... The head was left unrepairable ...

:p you would really think a diesel mechanic would know about timing, considering that even 2-stroke diesels have a valvetrain that needs timing and a fookn injector pump with the same requirements...proper timing...

always look for a mechanic with a crap car... they work more on other peoples cars than their own:p the ones with hsv's and maloo utes are dodgy overcharging bastards...

Yeah he was probably crappin' ... I talked to my nieces new boyfriend at a christmas party and he said he's a diesel fitter working at the mines ... So I asked him what the job involves these days ... ie does he pull engines down , re-machine parts , reassemble and tune them etc etc ... It turns out that all they do is remove old motors and install new or reco'd motors and do grease , oil and filter changes ... NO parts replacing , repairing or tuning whatsoever ... the engines get sent out to engineering shops to be rebuilt ... So I said "You're just a glorified "Engine" installer" ... and he got the shits with me ... LOL ... I asked him a few simple mathematical questions and he couldn't answer them ...

When I went to school and tech NO calculators , slide rules or anything were allowed whatsoever ... You had to do a mathematics entrance exam to get into tech ... if you couldn't do it in your head ... you failed ... There's absolutely no doubt that schools are fudging people thru these days ...

Latest posts

Back