Lifan 140cc outlaw oil cooler???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeetskeet

Reaction score
Where does the oil cooler plug into the Lifan outlaw 140cc motor?

all the threads or pics I have seen shows it plugged up to the two bolts on the head of the motor. which some people connect up with the hose so the oil can reach the head.
However the Lifan 140cc outlaw doesn't have these.
It looks like from a picture i found in google it connects under the motor (see attached)
but there is only 1 bolt not 2.

Does that mean this particular motor doesn't have the same internal oil pump. I didn't realise all this and rode the bike on the weekend with the new engine without the cooler. I rode it for a long time and hard so i'm pretty sure it was getting oil to the head
which most of you don't agree on.

Could someone please clear this up. thanks!!

Attachments

• OLR-LIFAN140-2T.jpg
    OLR-LIFAN140-2T.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 41
Here's a pic of genuine Lifan 140 showing the 2 oil gallery ports jumped with a hose ...

140jumper.jpg

IF your engine doesn't have the same 2 bolts then you've been BS'd to about the brand of motor you have ... ie It's a faker ...

Thanks Cactus jack yep that's what i was after. I couldn't see the second bolt hiding behind/against the
bash plate. I'm still not sure this particular model lifan engine needs that crossover hose. I took off one of the head caps last night and there seems to be oil in the head meaning you don't need the crossover hose? It won't matter for me as I will run the cooler anyways, just wanted a better understanding on the topic. thanks

alll i can say is...those poor cams:( they all need that cross over hose, whether its head or crankcase feed... sure it doesnt have one fitted?

One way to find out is to remove just the bolt on the centre case and kick the engine over ... If NO oil pumps out then all I can think of is ... Los Lobos ...

No there was no crossover hose. just the 2 bolts.
I just took off the cap on the front of the head and there was a small pool of oil in it so i'm almost certain this motor doesn't need the crossover hose or there wouldn't have been any oil present. Also if there was no oil in the head wouldn't i see overheating symptoms? smoke or something?
Or perhaps the new lifan outlaws are linked on the inside of the oil ports now not needing the crossover hose, would make sense

either way I think you should get an oil cooler on there asap

Remove the bolt from the RHS crank case and kick the engine over with the plug removed to see if oil pumps out ... If it does then you'll be OK ... Oil is supposed to pump out thru the bolt in the clutch cover , go thru the cooler , then go back in thru the centre case where it is then routed up thru the bottom RHS cylinder stud gallery to the top end ...

The cam chain will pull some oil up to the top end , so will hitting the brakes hard ... but that won't be enough to save the cam lobes and rocker arm pads if oil isn't getting pumped to them ...

You might be lucky if Lifan has done what you think and set things up so that some oil makes it to the top end without the ports jumped ... It is quite possible they've done that in response to complaints from people who damaged their 140's ...

Was your engine supplied in a bike from new ? ... OR a new engine in a box with an oil cooler and lines supplied ? ... They don't supply the cooler and lines for free for NO reason ...

Yeah i might try that cactus, thanks. I'll definetely be putting the cooler on. Only problem is the cheap rubber hoses supplied with the motor don't fit with the bash plate on. I think I need the banjo style bolt and possibly a braided hose? I noticed Just Ride ebay store sell them, will they fit the 140 oil ports??? looks like they are for the 150's.
thanks

do u have to run an oil cooler or can u run it without it. mine keeps falling of all the time braking the welds

^^^^maybe try reading through the whole thread and the answers right there, even has a picture, kindly supplied by cactus jack, of how to get away without an oil cooler:rolleyes:

time to concentrate on what people say and not on those anime breasts:p

Latest posts

Back