Lifan 150 cylinder info?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
Alright, My Lifan 150 have been eating dirt through a tear in the airfilter I wasn't aware of, I've been running in very dusty conditions so it's lost all compression and started blowing smoke on startup.

are the cylinders on these engines nickasil or steel? I'm just wondering how much of a rebuild I'm going to do, either a quick hone and new pistonkit or a rebore and new piston.

Alright, My Lifan 150 have been eating dirt through a tear in the airfilter I wasn't aware of, I've been running in very dusty conditions so it's lost all compression and started blowing smoke on startup.

are the cylinders on these engines nickasil or steel? I'm just wondering how much of a rebuild I'm going to do, either a quick hone and new pistonkit or a rebore and new piston.

steel, i ran mine without oil one day,my dumb assforgot i toke it out after a nite on the piss :frustrated:, mine cost $20 to get honed and a new piston & rings like $100 bucks
then what ever gaskets are.

i dont bother honing them , get a new barrel piston and gaskits deliverd for 70 bucks , just done mine again for the second time
jrmotorsports will send you a kit

just like a new 150 again ,takes me about 2 hrs to unbolt motor and fit new barrel and then bolt back in

reps for you , im sure fiddy will like that ,btw fiddy im liken ya youtube channel bud the cr kicks ass

yep if the bore has been dusted throw it in the bin cause you will end up with too much piston to bore clearance as well as too much ring gap..
oh and not to mention it will rattle like crazy..

Latest posts

Back