Lifan 150 transmission

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtrax

Reaction score
So I ordered a lifan 140 4up and theywere out of stock so they finally decided to upgrade me to a 150 because of the delay. I did make sure to tell them that I wanted the 4up but they still sent the 1d3up engine. Im about sick of dealing with this company and am thinking about telling them to refund me 1/2 and just keep this one. Is this tranny really going cause issues if I keep it or should I send it back for the 4up?

Can the 1d3up tranny be converted to 4up in the future if it did take a crap? I really want to get riding and will keep it if they will refund some money and it can be converted.

Last edited:
You should phone them up and tell them your not happy with what they gave you , as if you told them you want the. All up gears that's what they should of given you , how proffesinal* trying to sell you a 140 when they had none in stock !! , and I believe
You can swap your transmission, BUT WHY Bigger bikes have same pattern so should be easy to ride and habbit building for when you get road legals

The 1d3up shift pattern did cause problems in the past but they might have fixed it by now with an improved shift star ? Only time will tell . At any rate , treat the tranny with respect , don't go stomping on the shift lever on down shifts or smacking your knee into your left ear on upshifts ... Shift with your toes ... not your whole leg ...

That is what I was beginning to think that I should do. Simply because I am sick of waiting for the seller to respond to me and that I am moving (address is going to change to a different state very very soon). At this point I am afraid I will end up getting the wrong item again and just waste more time, let alone if I'm still here when it arrives.

From what I can read the shift drum/forks can be changed to make it an all up right (if I wanted in the future). I never had problems with my little 110 before and figured I'm not going to be MX riding this thing. Riding smooth grass and roads will be much easier on the tranny than jumping it.

Regardless, I am going to try to get a partial refund since it is not what I ordered or what they promised me. Hopefully the seller will see this will be much easier/cheaper than paying for shipping/hassling with sending both engines around.

Before I go slinging mud at their name I am going to give them a chance to make the situation right one more time (even though they will never be able to make me as happy as I should/would be if they hadn't been full of deception.) They did surprise me by upgrading me... maybe they will tell me to keep it and send me the whole other one. This is highly unlikely but that would make me really happy!

All I can say is that the seller is not one of the big names that I had hear before like wholesale cycle and t-bolt. Now I wish I would have paid a little more and checked about purchasing through them as I have had really fast/honest shipping through them.

Latest posts

Back