Lifan 520... Would you get in?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
So i was bored and started randomly surfing the net and found that Lifan as in yes the company that makes those little motors for your pitty are making cars as well.

Not just the motors but the full box and dice.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

They don't look to bad inside but who knows.

And the claimed specs:

Number of seats 5
Engine
Engine type Otto, Front transversal
Number of cylinders 4, In-line
Engine capacity 1596 cm3
Number of valves 16 DOHC
Fuel Petrol, Injection by cylinder
Bore 77 mm
Stroke 85.8 mm
Max Power 85 kW (rpm) 6000 rpm
Max torque 149 Nm (rpm) 4500 rpm
Transmission & Drive
Drive front-wheel drive
GearBox 5 Manual
Steering type Hydraulic power
Brakes & Tyres
Front tyres 185/60 R14
Rear tyres 185/60 R14
Front brakes Ventillated disc
Rear brakes Drum
Suspensions
Front Suspension MacPherson strut, Stabilizer bar
Rear Suspension Trailing-arm
Dimensions
Wheelbase 2540 mm
Length 4370 mm
Width 1700 mm
Height 1473 mm
Curb weight 1155 kg
Trunk 630 l -
Fuel tank 51 liter
Performance
Top speed 145 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 16.5 s

Ahahaha, I wouldnt go near it but I think theres worse cars in china.

I'd want to be driving somthing safe aswell, 700 people die on the roads in china every DAY.

I know it's hectic i have a video of an intersection in india which has a similar road system and it was one of the scariest things to watch. They don't follow road rules and they don't have lights they just go when they can and often they get caught out.

Hey did any one notice this has a top speed of 145km/h... Pretty crap for a 1.6 ltr.

Hey did any one notice this has a top speed of 145km/h... Pretty crap for a 1.6 ltr.

lmao, witha disclaimer that says top speed will vary depending on drivers weight and road conditions :D

imagine having to loctight all them bolts!

haha big valve with irk, comes standard with an NGK!

imagine the engine braking lol

what about cleaning the airfilter, adjusting your valves and getting it to TDC???

im having nightmares at that thought:eek:
being a mechenic (backyard and half quilified, curently out of work) i can tell yasome of japans and the USAs 'ahem' finest are hard enough to work on lol

Not like the good old Aussie built cars lol it takes about 1 hour to do a complete head change on a Falcon.

not so flash on the back when ya 6'3" doin a EA-EF head lol

Today i walked out of front of the office where i work and there was a Toyota Echo parked and OMG it looked so much like the Lifan 520 from the side it was freaky.

1940.jpg

1.jpg

I have had the "pleasure" of working on a car made in India and I can tell you that it was the biggest piece of crap on the road and it was nearly brand new.

Latest posts

Back