LIFAN vs LONCIN Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Need4Nerd

Reaction score
Hi Sorry for being a noob.

I am thinking to get one of these engine but not sure which is better. Your choice and reason pro and cons

Thanks nick

hey umm i would go a lifan because they seem to be a lot more reliable than loncin and all, i haven't had any experiance with either of them but lifan seems to be the go around here.

regards
matty

Lifan is the go. It's not even two engines you would bother comparing really.

LIFAN Vs LONCHIN

In the red corner we have Lifan weighing 7kg and in the blue corner we have Lonchin weighing 7kg.

Lifan wins by knockout.

Go the Lifan, have a look around at spare parts and its hard enough to get them for a Lifan but Lonchin are near impossible.

If the engine doesn't have a brand name written on it, how do you tell if it's a Lifan or a Loncin without taking it apart?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Is this a Lifan or a Loncin?

loncin is one of the most shity out there.and lifan is one of the best. so lifan vs loncin is a crap thred

If the engine doesn't have a brand name written on it, how do you tell if it's a Lifan or a Loncin without taking it apart?

1.jpg
2.jpg

That would be a loncin engine i'm pressuming because that isn't a lifan big valve head.

the pic on the right is a lonciin im pretty sure .. and btw dont go near a loncin they are crap as hell man ..

Well, since I ride a loncin I feel like I have to step in and say something, yes lifan is the better of the two engines, but at least my 110cc loncin has proven to be bulletproof, I got it brand new, used maybe 20mins to break it in before really letting it rip, it have suffered huge crashes, I have used the bike every weekend the last year, even been ridden in knee-deep snow, it always fires up on the first couple of kicks, it has enough power to be entertaining (still want more though), The only thing i've had to replace on the engine is the clutch, but thats because I abuse the clutch alot, and i've installed an high-comp piston just for fun, 24moto.com have all the parts needed to rebuild the engine if needed. If you replace the oil every few rides, and letting it warm up before abusing it, any engine will give you long life.

well how many of you guys have actually had a loncin, yup thats right not many. those that are saying there crap are probably talking about problems other people have had which was probably caused by them not knowing jack sh@# about motors. i had a loncin 125 and it was the most reliable china motor i have had, it out performed the lifan and ran alot better, cooler and quieter. also doesn't burn oil. what i am trying to say is don't dis something until you have tried it, i know some may have but others haven't.

it prob would be better going the lifan as more people have them so they can help ya out with future problems.
cheers

This was an old thread which I started up again to question wich engine is in the photo. Either a Loncin or A Lifan. It doesn't matter which is better, I just need to know what engine is pictured in my previous reply so I know for a description so I can sell it.

its a loncin, you can tell by the id code and the cover on the clutch side, plus it doesn't have the big valve head which proves th point that its a loncin. its the same motor that i had in my pitbike, they also look more like the honda's which is another fact of the loncin.

I've had a electric start loncin in my bike but replaced it with my lifan engine. I haven't had many hours on it..maybe 2-3? needed new rings because oil was splattering all over my exhaust. Side cover bolts snapped when i tried to put the top end together. But with china engines, you either get a good or bad batch. You never know

Just another comment about engines, If one person tells you a brand is shit because his engine collapsed, don't just take his word for it. just because a fifteen-year old with the mechanical skill of a retarded monkey managed to destroy an engine, it doesen't mean all of that brand is crap, if something fails its usually lack of maintenance from the person that rides the bike thats to blame. if you maintain your engine and can use basic tool without injuring yourself, your engine will be faithfull til the end.

But of course, once in a while engines will fail because of faulty production, shit happens...

1.jpg
2.jpg

That bike looks a lot like one the early DHZ 120's . I have one of those same engines (still new) and my brother has one too . He (surprisingly) hasn't had a problem with it in over 2 years of riding with no maintenance done on his engine ...... LOL ....

I was lead to believe that they were Lifan engines but inside the cam end plate is cast LC05Q4 indicating that they're Loncin's . Lifans have LF . :)

yeh get whatever they are still chinese!
seriously... like half the parts on these engines are the same..
prob all made in the same place..
but yeh prob go lifan.. they seem to be more diminant and parts seem easier to get.
but whatever u get look after it and u will no have any problems!
hope it helps!

Latest posts

Back