Lifan vs Motovert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimp

Reaction score
which is better?
i hear that with the Lifan 140, when you kick start it, if you dont do it softly it breaks the motor and is unrepairable. Thats what one of the Pit Pro dealers in melbourne said anyway, just checkin if its true.

Cheers,
Alex

bullshit *cough* bullshit

Kick start gears brake on a lot of different motors. Normal repair won't talk longer than an hour & thats if you've never done it before.

Snitchy has video somewhere on how to corectly start your bike.

It sounds like their sales pitch. If your looking for a good bike contact the sites sponsors the'll hook you up with out all the bullshit.

Motoverts will crap over Pit pro's. But theres nothing wrong with the lifans if you dont have a few grand for a motovert. Its not that you kick to hard its that you kick them over wrong theres plenty of people who can tell you how to kick it over properly and i think there is even a how to in a vid on here. If you do happen to break the kick start gears it is not unrepairable yuo can buy the gears and even the whole centre casing if you happen to break that from Maylands Performance (site sponser)

Hope that helps

Tyler

AWWW You beat me :(:(:(

which is better?
i hear that with the Lifan 140, when you kick start it, if you dont do it softly it breaks the motor and is unrepairable. Thats what one of the Pit Pro dealers in melbourne said anyway, just checkin if its true.

Cheers,
Alex

TOTAL and UTTER BULLSH@T .....Anyone that can't kick a bike properly shouldn't ride it ...it's not hard I've never done it

Who was this dealer ? Cause he is full of it.:rolleyes:

Here's what he WON'T tell ya ...the daychina's stroke is too short as a result under decent load it gets REAAAAL HOT Even the real daytona motor in the states is only getting 10 racing hours for this reason

LIKE 140 DEEGREES HOT:eek: We had an oil temp test on all the bikes at the brotherhood shootout.

shame it's a great motor other than that .

But don't take my word for it come to the Frankston sx and I'll show you a Sponsored mojo rider running a different motor ...in fact I suspect he won't be the only one.:cool:

Hey mate, you can buy the new kickstart gear repair kit with crank case and all for like under 80 on ebay i've seen them.....
Some dealers will tell you bulls**t for a sale.
Cheers.

thanks for all the help. they guy only sells pitpro's and just changed the motors over to motovert... used to sell lifan.

im getting a MSO 140s, already confirmed everything. Im really excited.
off topic question, what time is the frankston mx track open to on saturdays and is it open on sundays?

thanks for all the help. they guy only sells pitpro's and just changed the motors over to motovert... used to sell lifan.

LMFAO I think that's the funniest thing I've heard for ages .....just goes to show ya don't need a long neck to be a goose :D

im getting a MSO 140s, already confirmed everything. Im really excited.
off topic question, what time is the frankston mx track open to on saturdays and is it open on sundays?

They won't let ya ride it on a mini .....a lucky few once a year ....15 mins of practice and that's it ...as it is they resurface the whole track for the bmx club
There is a moto track ya can ride next door though I have'nt ridden it yet.

Good choice you won't be sorry with the MSO :cool:

MMMM not sure how I got my quote in your's ..... the LMFAO is mine crew

Last edited:
Hey mate, i was just there on saturday. Frankston is pretty good, has plenty of pitty riders but it quite tight and slippery.
Its open Sat/Sun and i think wednesday during daylight savings.
I think the weekend is like 10, or 11 until probably 5. I was there from around 1.00 - 3.30
Cheers.

dreadful, i said the frankston mx track not bmx track.
i might go to the frankston mx track after the SX if anyone cares to join me. does anyone know what time the motocross track closes on saturday?

edzy, im going to join nunawading mx club, aparantly they have a few pit bike riders there, if they get more numbers they will start pit bike races, so if your in melbourne, join. Broadmedows has some pretty good tracks, they have 3 tracks now. they have a nice advanced pee wee track, 80cc 2 stroke and 100 cc 4 stroke maximum. i havnt been to the one in muskerry but i may go one day. theres also one in south morang. again i havnt been to that one.

go to the back section of you melways and they have a couple of them listed under motorcycle tracks.

hope that helps

thanks for all the help. they guy only sells pitpro's and just changed the motors over to motovert... used to sell lifan

LOL .... What total Bulls ~ Hit .......... the 1P56FMJ 140 engines are NOT Lifans ........ Lifan is the No 1 selling pit bike engine in the world ....... if they were junk ........ then sellers like DHZ would have gone broke by now since that's the main engine they sell and they've sold TONS of 'em ........ some sellers will try any BS to get a sale .... this scenario sounds a lot like the Tonya Harding versus Nancy Kerrigan ice skating saga ........ if you can't beat your opponent ........ try knee capping 'em ....... :p

If u have a problem with kickstart gears u can get it upgraded but I have never had this problem and my engine is over 12 months old. Pitpros can not be compaired to motorvert but the price should tell u that lol. Motovert use mostly jailing engines but I like Lifan as they have never let me down and all lifans I have had been thrashed hard straight out of the box.

Latest posts

Back