LIFAN vs YX which is better

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better motor Yx or Lifan

• Total voters
im not sure about ur lifan 150 v 140 comment coolmodee
anthony (my mate) runs the 50sbrotherhood worked elite and he drills the lifan 150 at our local track
he was even keeping with a yx160, and he was running the wrong gearing and a crap back tyre

I_THUMP said:
Cactus who did the dyno on the YX? Have u got a dyno sheet from any Lifans?

Cheers;)

I'm not 100 % sure mate but I think the dyno test was done by John Adams at Adams Performance on behalf of a place called Pitster USA who were worried that people might think they "fudged" the figures ..... LOL ...

DYNO SHEET:GPX 150x - Planet Minis

Check this chart out also as it's done using a MOLKT "26" ( in reality a 24 mm carb ) and a 22 mm Mikuni aka "25/26" mm carb in Australia ... You can see by comparing the charts that they're both pretty close and give a more linear rpm rise whereas the bigger genuine 26 and 28 mm carbs give a sharper rpm rise .... The red line shows how MOLKTS mess up in the midrange ........

dynoyx150-1.jpg

I haven't found any Lifan 150 dyno charts yet but I do have a chart for a modded Lifan 140 somewhere ....

Last edited:
Yeah cactus I was just wondering how genuine the dyno sheet is but it looks believable to me coz i dont believe the 16hp that they claim so it would be very interesting to see dyno charts on all the motors.

the yx motor is lighter because the head and barell is aloy and the lifan is cast

the yx motor is lighter because the head and barell is aloy and the lifan is cast
...and the barrel is 4mm shorter from yx...but the head in a lifan is alloy...try it with a magnet;)

Good point

I'm a owner of a Lifan and a YX motor, but the YX is not the race YX which is out there but the new one that comes out on the 150 bigfoot reign. I also have ridden a Xmoto with the YX motor too. i think the specs are wrong. The Lifan 150(in Pitpro) has alot more power then the my old Lifan 140 i had, even after i threw a inner rotor kit in it which is a great power upgrade!! race YX or Lifan?? don't know which is better or faster, about the same i think.. But i have heard more complaints about the YX though. Also they are both race spec engines so don't be surprised when they stuff up, 125cc Lifan's reliability is hard to compete against or compare too. I choose Lifan on the fact they have done well in the past and are a larger company. And here the 160cc YX are here and pricie, but I hear about over heating problems from a factory testing them in China, who to beleive??? just flip a coin i guess or go lifan coz it is cheaper and easier to get.

Yes LIFAN, just like holden vs Commodore but the mini bike version

go the lifan they ride well:')

Hey mate, Mark here from down the road.. Bring your 150 over to mine, we'll drag race them, lol. Damn ebay kicked me off for good, they suck ass, anyway i got some spares u might be interested in, race cdi $25, KLX plastics $35, engine cooling systems for $35, BSE black levers with finger groves $25 per set and a few other things too and still got about 20 of those sticker kits, call me if u still have my number. c ya.

Everybody knows , everybody knows ... that's how it goes ... everybody knows ....

yx150 oil slinger troubles - Planet Minis

Check out what that NCC guy reckons !!! Perhaps he can explain why the cranks don't sheer off on the right hand side between the primary drive gear and the right crank bearing when the engine stops suddenly since that side has to cop not only the twisting force of the flywheel but the force of the two spinning crank halves , PLUS the force of combustion on the piston and rod trying to twist it as well ... :p What he's saying just doesn't ring true logically ...

yx 150 broken crank - Planet Minis

Latest posts

Back