lifan with inner rotor kit not running properly

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys a mate of mine put one of those stupid inner rotor kits on his bike and the thing just wont run it is really hard to start and when it does go its only making it to 1/4 throttle and dying. the engine is also getting really hot. what advice can you guys pass on?

im gonna name and shame the 'mechanic' that did this ROOST motorcycles in south burnie STAY AWAY
this is same bloke that installed a 30mm oko on a 125 quad and then proceeded to tell me how sweet it would run

Mate get the kit removed. If you have a look through previous threads everybody (at least 99%) whinge about these things. The only one that seems to work is the Kitaco version which you'll pay rather decent money for with minimal gain. Also if you do get it working/running you'll find the bike will stall constantly and make even the smallest of hill climbs a real *****.

i wouldnt have done it if it was my bike but the fella that owns it is dead set on getting it going as he has sunk 550 bucks into it already.

Into just the irk?!?!
Wow! get it removed, they do all sorts of damage! Bending cranks i heard.

IR kits, hmmmmm!
if it isn't a decent brand name kit, like a Kitaco, or Takegawa, then try for a refund, or worst case chuck it away, they are only $35 odd dollars.
the seller can't sell an item that isn't suitable for the job, and did he fit it too ?
there should be a warranty period on the parts, and also on his work too, you should be able to get your mates cash back

btw, what size Lifan ?

yeah cheers guys, its in a 125 lifan thats had a bit of head work done, he is really deadset on running this thing i did try steer him away from it but he wont listen. he bought it from ebay, installed it himself couldnt get spark so then took it to the local mini bike destroyer who wired in a stock cdi unit and then charged him 550 bucks for it. im stumped that it even starts with the stock cdi in but it does, just wont rev past 1/4 throttle. im trying to convince him on getting the tb version of the gpx 125 will see what happens anyways.

with my personal experience with them id say stay away, get a refund and chuck it away, ive got 4 or 5 of them in the shed, 2 being brand new and i cant get any of them to work, its aparently the CDI box shiets itself just by flicking it, and the little flywheel gets worn real fast, 50% of them you buy off ebay the CDI will already be dead, and youll be waisting your time finding a spark, i dont know about any of the weller known branded ones such as kitako or takegawa, but i know the $40 jobs of ebay are pure rubbish, if you are lucky enough to install one and get it running, dont expect it to last long

just thought id let you guys know that we got working and working quite well actually little thing lifts the front wheel in fourth :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back