Lifting a 1999 Suzy ds80 suggestions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor

Reaction score
1998 ds80 has rm80 parts ect I just want to give it at least a Lil boost to match the power and rider. I'm thinking diff triple trees forks rear shock and swingarm...what fits it? And is there a cheaper easier decent way for a Lil lift

See post #83 in my DS80 tread,
I made up a new 15mm longer linkage arm and fitted that, it gave me an extra 2" height in the rear.
With the front forks have you fitted a 3/4" spacer to raise them and add a bit more preload ?
It's easy enough to do, fork's need to be pulled apart and fit the spacer between the top of the spring and the top cap.
It only raises it about 1" but the extra load on the spring's firm's them up a bit.
To level out the feel of the bike, i added another pair of bar clamps under the old ones to lift the bars 3/4"
You could probably fit some late 70's - early 80"s RM80 forks and front brake cable to the DS, but might need the tripples off the RM too?

I do have taller bars labeled as answer or something from late 80s early 90s that fit I'm adding I have a larger rear shock that mounts up but I have to add a larger swingarm it's only about 1-2 inches longer but through linkage adds only to about 1" and it's a remote gas shock as well it prob won't look like this when done tho
70d4f24fb7671f7c4334132578a4cc17.jpg

Latest posts

Back