lighter clutch?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny01

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Lately after a long days riding, i'm finding the heavy clutch pull action to get very tiring. i've felt other clutches and mine is heavier than most. bike is a dpro 160. just wondering what options there were to try make it a little easier to pull.

Thanks

Danny

Try pulling off your clutch and dribble some oil down the cable, let it hang for 5 - 10 mins and then pour some more down, moving the cable up and down to try and free it up. Also spray your lever with RP7 or wd40

And if the path of your cable has to many curves and is wrapped around the frame the action will seem very heavy, a clutch cable must be run as straight and free of curvature were possible.

yeah that makes sense, i'll try straighten it up a bit. also what oil do i use to lube it? is there a special type?

Thanks for such an informative answer as even i was having the same problem and was wondering what might be the cause behind it, we often overlook very basic things that might cause problems.

The other thing iv'e heard (but not tried) is graphite powder. I know it works a treat for freeing up key locks, apparenlty does the same for throttle/clutch and brake calbes.

Latest posts

Back