Loco's Motovert Type R 160 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that for the linkage ?
I would be using 8.8 or 10.9 bolt's as a minimum, but i guess the A2/70 stainless bolt's will be almost twice as strong as the original bolt's

Hey, been meaning to ask how are your cnc hub wheel's holding up?

Nah it's for the sprocket bolts,
I'll only be running 12.9's. In the linkage,
But as I'm at tafe at the moment I'm still yet to measure some linkage bolts
The cnc hubs on this thing is more than fine, bolts were straight coming out,
So it's smooth sailing thank the lord haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, not some smooth sailing after all, we had a slight issue..... The piston kinda exploded aye...
So new donk it is,
I've still got the motor that i was originally going to put in the Cini, so I reckon I'll fix that one up, I've already gone and put new gearbox bearings in the cases, I've used Japanese quality bearings, like nachi, hih and ntn, I've sorted out my shift drum and replaced the forks themselves, now I've gotta place her all back together!
I probably won't be on for abit, but I thought I should give everyone an update!
[emoji4][emoji4]

So what made the piston explode then ?
You can't make a post like that and not expect question's !!

It's Damo we are talking about here. haha

Treat em mean keep them keen?

Well, not some smooth sailing after all, we had a slight issue..... The piston kinda exploded aye...
So new donk it is,
I've still got the motor that i was originally going to put in the Cini, so I reckon I'll fix that one up, I've already gone and put new gearbox bearings in the cases, I've used Japanese quality bearings, like nachi, hih and ntn, I've sorted out my shift drum and replaced the forks themselves, now I've gotta place her all back together!
I probably won't be on for abit, but I thought I should give everyone an update!
[emoji4][emoji4]

We need photos man, dont be playing god with your destroyed engine photos lol

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

So basically Trains and I went up there the weekend before for a ride and it didnt sound right. First practice of the day boom it completely destroyed the piston. Cracked into about 6 different pieces destroyed the head and the bore.
I suspect it was from too much oil but Damo disagrees.

Loco put 1L of oil into the bike... it had way too much oil...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

1 litre is a bit much but it would just burn most of it off?

It's not like he crammed 2 litres in there.

Could have been anything really.

I'm still thinking about getting rid of my 2nd LXR if it went to a good home and your keen Damo.

Im still waiting to buy that elka off of you. Youll know it goes to a good home then haha.

Im still waiting to buy that elka off of you. Youll know it goes to a good home then haha.

Keep dreaming buddy haha

That bike is never going anywhere. Just the other one. Gotta rebuild it first though. Muttdog is black banned from riding it anymore as he always breaks it.

We gotta catch up sometime soon

Hahaha one day ill get it off you. Muttdog is too hard on the tools hey haha.

Definitely need to catch up soon. Been hanging for a good ride for a while

Hahaha one day ill get it off you. Muttdog is too hard on the tools hey haha.

Definitely need to catch up soon. Been hanging for a good ride for a while

I will leave it you in my will how about that? haha ;)

Yeah same mate. Will organise something soon for sure.

So this is what the bore looks like hahah
Now I've spoken with my coworkers and my boss,
They all have said it looks like the piston split in 2
They also said if there was too much crank case pressure it would have blown the seals before a piston, and also it has a crankcase breather that isn't blocked, if it was overfull it would have spat it out or blown the seals, anyway... The bike is still a roller and still dirty as I left it, haha
I'll be taking it into work and giving it a good clean and I'll be doom the fork seals, I'll also post up the Honda genuine part no. For the early model gpx forks (46mm od) style.
I'm getting there slowly but surely, going to put a TB piston in it, but I'll be putting some play doh on the piston to see how much clearence I have to play with between the valves and the deck of the piston!
I don't think anyone is a fan of bending valves hahaha
Cheers Loco

1c069840673e168a9fa2c1143f5a8c65.jpg

Latest posts

Back