Look for?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can i ask whatever happened to PSTO in Australia? I know there is some info around here but i just need the quick spiel on where they went and what happened...

On another note: i want to ask a few things:

1. What are the main things you look for when buying a bike in terms of product?
2. What is the most popular engine size?
3. Is money a bigger factor? Does cheap generally mean nasty?
4. Currently - what are the popular brands and what is everyone looking for at the moment? ( is linkage the hot thing? Bigger motors etc? )

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Money is a massive factor and yes when you spend less, you are almost agrenteed nasty products.. Most common sized engine at the moment would be the 160.. Although people want more out if there little china and go 184kits which does intrease HP but decrease reliability..

Popular brands... Obvious ones like pitster pro lxr motoverts some dhz and this is taking the factor of yes linkage is better..

Atomiks have come a loooong way sence there bottom of the range stuff, as I have been racing for Atomik and riding there comp L 172 with linkage and marzoochi shiver forks and getting really good results with this bike..

Your price range for a good quality bike these days of the above brands anything from 2500-3500 give take a little.. Always look on eBay as you could catch yourself a good deal on a linkage bike!!

As for PSTO... I couldn't tell you but other people on here could answer that for you..
Hope this helps a little :)

I can attest to the performance of the Atomik comp, having Styv fly past me a couple of times on the weekend, deffinately a quick bike (maybe a little to do with the rider :p)

Last edited:
PSTO Have closed down.Gone. are no more.
Don't know why but they still sell stuff on ebay or someone is selling their old stock

If they opened up - would their bikes sell again? Are their bikes still waanted?
With spare parts and back up service?

they won't be coming back, doubt it anyway. can order there stuff from china.
the atomiks are pretty good, watching styvan go flat out on it and it hold up most the time makes me think its an alright bike.
motovert is a psto but more expensive because it has motovert on it..
if you have the money the pitster pro is the best one to get, great bike has most the stuff you see on a 250f.
i defferntly perfer linkage over non linkage. kosta who has been riding a klx style for a longtime just switched to the linkage version and his alot faster and said it handles so much better.
v2 184 motors are monsters in the lxr but on and off with reliability. reefy is one of the fastest rider in aus on a midsize and he rebuilds them every 40 hours or something. check the valves and carby regularly, oil levels and it should last

Last edited:
^^^ In all honesty mate, the whole economy is slowing down in general here. Sales everywhere are dropping and pit bikes are feeling it too. Starting another company at this time would be pretty bad business decision,,

PSTO closed within Australia due to the lack of sales... As mentioned, they still operate out of China and will ship you parts directly (I just bought plastics from them). Considering PSTO come out of the same factory as Pitster Pro, I doubt they will disappear any time soon, especially while they are supplying bikes to Motovert etc ;)

Thanks for all the info and help guys!

I love minis and wanted to get involved a little more for something to do on the side - spoke with PSTO in China and they got in a bit of trouble over here from people not paying their bills ( they are owed quite a lot so you won't be seeing too much of them over here for a while i don't think )

I love what Ken @ DHZ does and i wanted to get involved with the industry a bit more but the more i talk about it the more it sounds like it's not worth it?

I guess ultimately what i'd like to be able to offer in a bike is just something that is great value for money stock - with easy additions to make it faster etc.

Latest posts

Back