looking for advice

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nodachi

Reaction score
Ok its been about 17 years since i have been into dirt bikes and riding. Back then my bike was CR 250 88 model water cooled. Now when i look i see a whole new bunch of letters (klx, crf etc) and it is confusing. Is there a link to show what all this means or what is similar to CR 250cc 2 stroke?

Also my eldest son turns 8 feb 25th and i'm looking to upgrade his JR50 to KX60 or something similar that can last him for a couple of years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You'll find everything you ever wanted to know about bigger bikes and 60 cc two strokes on Thumpertalk ... Everything has changed now ... Basically ... Motorcycle engineers have FINALLY admitted that an expansion chambered reed valve two stroke is the equivalent of a 4 stroke of double the cc capacity built to formula 1 specs ... that way at the same rpm they are both burning the same amount of fuel/air volume ... No more cheating for the 2 strokes like they've done since they came on the scene when there were only 4 strokes racing way back in the 70's ... All that's actually happened is that racing has merely turned full circle and gone back to it's roots ...

ThumperTalk

Thanks for the replies guys and the link to Thumpertalk.
What was the last year Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc made 2stroke 250cc?

There are still a few making twostrokes
suzuki motocross - off-road - Suzuki Motorcycles, Motorbikes & ATVs Australia
yamaha Yamaha Motor Australia
Kawasaki Kawasaki Motors Australia [Kawasaki.com.au] - The home quality Motorcycle, ATV, MULE utility vehicle and JET SKI® watercraft.
KTM KTM Australia | Bike Module
KTM make a pretty sweet looking 65 too KTM Australia | Bike Module
If you can manage a test ride on one of the new fourstokes I would recomend it especialy the 250fs don't let the small motor fool you they rip.
hope that helps.

thanks for the links, good to see 2008 models
As for riding a 4stroke, i prefer the powerband of a 2 stroke

Latest posts

Back