Loose engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[UniT]

Reaction score
i recently noticed that my engine was lose and im not sure what it may be it might only be the main bolt that holds it to teh frame but i lost my socket set so i cant check if thats the problem. but i was wondering if there would be any other reasons for it? cheers

your engine isnt lose at all... it's "loose" now theres your problem ;)

man im a smartass... but yeh dude i'd say that loose engine bolts would be the only thing unless your swingarm bushings are gone or something which could seem like the engine is loose when u drop the clutch pretty hard it shakes (happened to me)

i dunno im not to good on bikes :rolleyes:

on most frames the engine is mounted by only 2 bolts, on Cradle frames maybe 4 bolts. check these bolts frequently and DON'T ride with a loose engine, when you hit the throttle the engine will twist in the frame.

yer pretty common for engine mounts to come loose just use some loctite and tighten them up again (theres only 2) and check them regularly

i took my 50 apart and lost my engine bolts (some one moved all the parts and i lost most the bolts and some other parts) so i had the engine being held in by a big screw driver until i could find or buy new bolts. the bike is stuffed so i don't care.

Make sure you clamp vise grip pliers (the genuine high quality originals ... not cheap chinese one's that let go seconds after you do) onto the blade side of the screw driver to prevent it from pulling thru and falling out over rough bumps ... Mountain discovered that high-tech mod and it has proven to be 100 % reliable for him ... :cool:

Ha Ha ... Mountain hasn't seen my little joke yet ....

Last edited:
do up ur nuts and bolts lol mates bike was like that now its good as gold no worries in the world now, pitty it didnt make the peice of crap any faster he cant seem to keep up with me lol

Latest posts

Back