low budget china revival

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude!

Reaction score
Hello people while i'm waiting for parts to start my crf50 build I decided to fix up a chonda sitting in the shed

IMAG0642_zps563efd9d.jpg

I've never seen it run, but it has spark and turns over so her hoping it's ok. There's more rust than paint on it at the moment. that will be fixed later. maybe...

The carb was poo so I went to a local shop and picked this up along with a filter.

IMAG0643_zps29962ebb.jpg

I threw it on the bike tonight. Tomorrow ill grab fuel line and a filter and get this babesh running. There isn't a single bolt holding the tank or fairing to the fame so ill grab some bolts.

Parts I need to find: a rear shock, a new exhaust and something to replace the front end.

Also if you need parts post them up, I got some spares laying around here!

Ah man I just threw out a heap of parts from the $100 china build that I cleaned up but never used!

Are you going to strip her right down?

You can rebuild those forks dude, buy some new fork legs $170 and heavier springs $70 what not, the little triples clean up real well with a bead blast.

Taki rear shocks $99

And I ended buy a chrome silencer exhaust for $25. Much better for hooning around the yard! :D

Definitely check out Classic Honda 50's they'll hook you up!

Last edited:
Update!!

Today's progress. I set valve lash inlet 0.08mm and exhaust a loose 0.1mm
IMAG0645_zps5d014ac2.jpg

Bought some stainless allen bolts and put fairings back on, kicked it over and it fired right up.
IMAG0646_zpse2cd53b7.jpg

The thing is loud. I have no idea where to start with tuning it if some one want's to point me in the right direction, i have a feeling the carb is to big.

THINGS I NEED:
gear shifter
exhaust
foot pegs
rear shock

Last edited:
Carby might not be too big, looks like a 19mm ?

start the bike up, let it warm up for a few minutes.
then adjust the centre screw in 1/2 to maybe 1 full turn, to raise the idle speed up a little.
then turn the mixture screw in half a turn, if the revs drop then turn it back out 1 full turn, let it settle for 20 seconds or so.
you want the bike to run at it's highest / smoothest revs.
adjust it 1/4 turn more and listen to the engine/revs, till you are happy
once you have it running nice,
turn the idle speed screw back in until it has a nice idle speed.

then go and test it out.

with it being loud, it has probably lost most of it's muffler packing, so you could repack it or just replace it

Last edited:
The boss gave me the fixie instead of paying overtime. I put some downhill bars and a stem I had lying around as well as some lighter cranks with lower gearing

She's a runner!!!

Finally got it running!! when i kicked it over it would rev its tits off had, took the filter off and the slide was sitting about half way so I adjusted the throttle as slack as it would go and it was still about half open. So i took the cable out of the throttle and went form there.

[video=youtube;tFiyz_SMLAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFiyz_SMLAQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So now I need a new slightly longer throttle cable as-well. I think the exhaust valve might be a bit to slack so ill re-adjust when it cools down.

I got a brand new classic honda extended one in the shed mate if you need.

Today's progress. I set valve lash inlet 0.08mm and exhaust a loose 0.1mm
IMAG0645_zps5d014ac2.jpg

Bought some stainless allen bolts and put fairings back on, kicked it over and it fired right up.
IMAG0646_zpse2cd53b7.jpg

The thing is loud. I have no idea where to start with tuning it if some one want's to point me in the right direction, i have a feeling the carb is to big.

THINGS I NEED:
gear shifter
exhaust
foot pegs
rear shock

Hey man! If your around the Mt Waverley area, I have a gear selector you could have! Just been laying around better it go to use then sitting here!

Finally got it running!! when i kicked it over it would rev its tits off had, took the filter off and the slide was sitting about half way so I adjusted the throttle as slack as it would go and it was still about half open. So i took the cable out of the throttle and went form there.

[video=youtube;tFiyz_SMLAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFiyz_SMLAQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So now I need a new slightly longer throttle cable as-well. I think the exhaust valve might be a bit to slack so ill re-adjust when it cools down.

You dont have the slide in the wrong way around do you ?

Hey Emilio i'm in Qld you're a bit far away. Slide is in the right way, with the cable attached to throttle the slide sits around half of it's stroke.

crf50 sneak peek

Finally getting some parts arriving for my crf50 build. Good karma if you can guess what the tripples are off....
IMAG0650_zps81b8d075.jpg

Fast50's cromo +2 swingarm I got for a reasonable price. should be arriivng after Christmas at some point.

13999_753052818119874_3382720985358179314_n1_zps5dc1a192.jpg

I reckon they might be off an mid 80's to early 90's KX60 or KX80 ?

Close my65xr they're klx110 triples I scored for a bargain on ebay. Just need to source the legs which will likely be from Murica as no one seem to be wrecking jap mini bikes in Australia, and then get a steering stem machined to fit them.

lip stick on a pig

Time to finish up this bike. i'm handing it back over to the kids this easter weekend. I lined up a roller for a 88 limited build so i threw the honda frame and forks on the china. so much nicer to ride, wheelies for days. hopefully they appreciate it.
11117693_10153207645891926_1013029435_n (1).jpg
11106298_10153207645941926_74522047_n.jpg
11096824_10153207645986926_4104209_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back