Lowered postie with 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_77

Reaction score
Here is my work in progress 2007 ct110 postie. So far I have put a 140cc outlaw lifan oil cooled motor,
Nitrogen rear shocks
upside down stem to lower front end
Custom postie exhaust shortened baffles removed and bigger pipe.
26mm mukini
race cdi into standard honda wiring loom
rear bag
shortened centre stand and side stand
neon red above motor

Soon to come...
lowered front guard
LED lights
Yx 140cc with oko flat side 26mm uni filter
michelin semi slicks
black out wheels
Leather covered seat

Last edited:
haha, I love emm, I have also got an ct90 trail with high and low range, and am in the making of a ct90 frame which is going to get pimped lol

Yer im going to try, If not I will just re raise it just to get it threw the RWC, I have just bought a 1994 which I am also going to low then I will seel it

yep got compliance plate soo we will see, I am hoping to put some thumpsters bars to give it a better look

Nice mate how's it go with the 140 ?

I think they all have compliance don't they ? after all posties ride em everywhere

The only hitch you may have regestering it is the motor swap ... one of the guys probably Snitchy will know more about that ... I think some register em with the original motor in em then chuck somethin else in later ... and yeah you could go bigger than 140 for a few hundred extra.T

Last edited:
search for "postie bike" "ct90, ct110" etc on here, there are a few threads with some nicely tricked up bikes!

Dreads spot on for rego.. your compli. plate will have the capacity lodged with vic roads.. so when they notice 140cc on the casing instead of 110 or 90.. they will knock you.. Your best bet IS to fit the original engine.. (which I dont actually think needs to run for a RWC-I recently tried passing a car with other known defects and a blown head gasket, blowing smoke etc and the head gasket WAS NOT mentioned on the RWC yet the items I knew about were... leading me to believe.. it DOSNT HAVE TO RUN, but it must fall within the plated requirements!)-check with your RWC guy thou.

Where in Melbourne Are you located mate?! Might be able to give ya a chop out should ya need it..

Id think twice about the protaper bars and look at just rolling the current ones around.. think cafe racer..

shannonspostie.jpg

Yer I have an early 90cc and it dosent have compliance plats, I have seen a few where they have got a RWC on them with 125cc but not 140cc. SO I will have to see.
I am going to be dropping in a YX 140cc
But the 140cc lifan seems to go pretty good. Well where I can only hit 45km if my street I am able to hit 85km/ph! haha good fun

I live down at Blind Bight, yer I am probly going to drop the bars@!!

Foolsp33d - Where'd the seat go?

Could look considerably less cool with a seat above bar level :p

Still, that's pretty schmick - good luck with yours Matty!

G'day Matty what shocks did you use to lower the rear end? I'm looking to lower my postie too.. Cheers mate

There 280mm shocks that are to suit a z50 or ct70. I can get them for around $110

If your going to lower, you have to flip the front top clamp upside down.

Hey all, I want more info on all this.... I just bought a postie and ive done a few mods like pro taper bars and cut rear springs and am currently installing a Lifan 140cc... Tell me how this flipping of the triple clamps works to lower the front? Links to buy the rear shocks your using? Also how did you go about running all your lights with the 140cc motor? I'll post pics up of mine if you don't mind. Cheers! Nick

When you flip the triple clamps it brings the forks up higher which therefor lowers the front end, All I did was install the engine and hooked it up the same as the the 110 that came out. Also have you bought or made the adapters to fit in the chinese engine?

Yeh yeh i understand what you mean with the forks now, im definatly going to drop the front end like this :)

Yeh i was playing with the electrics today and realised that the honda electrics basically match the lifan motor, just with different plugs! So ive test wired it up, with the lifan coil and CDI and hopefully it all runs late this week.

I have bolted in the Lifan motor, I just notched away at the frame untill i had enough meat to drill the new mounting holes in the frame and it worked really well and looks like the motor is meant to be there, plus I can still put the standard motor back in if need be.

Show me where these 280mm rear shocks are? I definatly want a set! What tyres are you running? Im thinking like a 17x3" motard style tyre...???

Latest posts

Back