Lowering 125 Atomik MotoX.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svturtle

Reaction score
Does anybody know how far down i can lower the forks on an Atomik motox 125 and still be left with about 50mm of travel? no jumping etc, just to ride around on and learn, then raise up later. Want to buy one but it is a bit to tall for the intended rider. Aiming for about 600-650mm max seat heaight.

You could try dropping the triple clamps down the forks this should give you about 1/2 inch or so, and or get the seat foam re-cut to sit a bit further down and last thing i can think of is to run a 12 inch tyre on the front. God luck :)

keep in mind that moving the forks up through the tripples will make the bike turn in quicker, and will also lose some higher speed stability too.

does it have a linkage rear end?
if so, you could make up shorter pull rods for it,
10mm shorter between the hole centres will drop the seat height approx 1.5 inches, it also softens the rear suspension a little.

Well mate the seat height standard is 700mm and the rear suspension is adjustable so between winding the rear shock right down and what Timeeh said, you should be able to reach your 650mm target!

Thanks for replies, i've ended up just getting the TDR 70cc as it's for a 7 year old girl, the 125 was a bit optimistic i think. It has the crf style swingarm so i can just get a shorter shock as stated above or weld a new bracket lower down tube. Will change shock angle but for intended purpose will do. Front will drop an inch or two so all should be good.:)

Well mate the seat height standard is 700mm and the rear suspension is adjustable so between winding the rear shock right down and what Timeeh said, you should be able to reach your 650mm target!
I would like to lower the back end of my sons Atomik 125 as its just a fraction too high for him. I can see that the rear shocker can wind down but how exactly do you do it??

undo the big square toothed nut on top of the spring, sometimes they have a grub screw locking it to the threads.
but loosening off that nut will make the shock pretty soft, and will make the spring clunk a little when riding it.

you might be able to find a rear shock cheap on ebay that is a bit shorter than yours
10mm-15mm shorter will drop it almost an inch and a half

Latest posts

Back