Lowering yz125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
I really want to buy a yz125 but being 5'5 i know i would need to have it lowered, what are the best methods of lowering and how much will it cost?

As long as one foot can touch the ground even if its only your toes don't worry, you only need to touch the ground when you want to stop. And for starting it take a step of some sort.

You wreckon one foot can touch the ground with stock suspension setup and shaved seat?

yz125 is the biggest bike in the class at 997mm seat height. rm and kx are 955-945mm.
could shave the seat and put a lowering link on it, can also slide the forks up in the clamps aswell.
can also take it to a suspension shop to lower the rear shock and forks.

ricky carmichael is 5.5 aswell and he rides a rmz450-rm250, also known as the goat (greatest of all time)
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T1l5Pz_GqS8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T1l5Pz_GqS8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
rm250 2 stroke in that vid

Last edited:
alot of people slide the forks down a little bit maybe 1-2cm makes a big difference and also a shaved seat
but you should only do that untill they get used to the bike then bring them back up again weather they can touvh the ground or not

you dont have to be jumping to have the seat/bike bounce up

Think it would be hard going from a 160cc pitty to a 125 2 stroke in terms of power?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

what about a CR125, the seat height on it is 947mm but how does it compare it terms of quality/power to the yz125?

what about a CR125, the seat height on it is 947mm but how does it compare it terms of quality/power to the yz125?

honestly ignore the seat height because you dont ride with your feet on the ground...
going from a 160 to a yz 125 in terms of power will not be hard but it will be something to get used to $20 says you will stall it 1st time you get on lol
i have always been a yz man but between a rm yz and a cr there are not massive differences imo just get one that you can afford and get between your legs

like i mean a 125 2t has heaps of power but because the bike is larger its easier to handle than if you had that power on a pitster

haha i say im a yz man yet i have a rm and no other big bike...

Latest posts

Back