lxr 14 nitro circus/daytona 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
So i found a lxr 14 NC with daytona 150 engine, is a 2012 model and shop display so has only been started a few times. Shop says they have spent $4000 on this bike ( apparently). $2500 nzd, sounds too good to be true.
Just waiting for a few answers to questions i have asked them.

What is the daytona 150 engine like in power compared to zonga 155/160HO?
Alot of people seem to have problems with this engine just like chinga engines, are they actually any better/more reliable than chinga engines?

I am pretty keen on this bike as i am 6ft 2" 85-90kg and the bigger frame feels really comfortable for me.

Any advice welcome. Thanks

If it's an Daytona 150 Anima then it'll be better than a stock Z155HO, more torque etc.
Do you know if it is a Anima 150f, or Anima 150fdx ?
The Anima doesn't have many upgrade option's but you can fit a Keihin PE28 carby to it (factory option $200AU), and a stoker crank/rod/piston which will make it a 190cc.
Depending on what month, the 2012 engine won't have the decomp camshaft though, so you'll need to be careful kicking it over
Or fit a decomp kit to it for $175AU
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/daytona-150-190-decomp-cam-kit/ENP-55

What are the $4000 worth of upgrade's the bike has?

If it's an Daytona 150 Anima then it'll be better than a stock Z155HO, more torque etc.
Do you know if it is a Anima 150f, or Anima 150fdx ?
The Anima doesn't have many upgrade option's but you can fit a Keihin PE28 carby to it (factory option $200AU), and a stoker crank/rod/piston which will make it a 190cc.
Depending on what month, the 2012 engine won't have the decomp camshaft though, so you'll need to be careful kicking it over
Or fit a decomp kit to it for $175AU
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/daytona-150-190-decomp-cam-kit/ENP-55

What are the $4000 worth of upgrade's the bike has?

I presume the engine was part of the upgrade. I f they've had the bike in shop since 2012 that daytona engine could be newer than 2012. Still waiting for answers bout what year engine is and what other upgrades they have done to reach the $4000 figure.
Would an OKO 26 Flatty suit this engine? really like the power delivery of those carbs

o.k, just got reply, they said the engine is (just anima 150cc)...Ordered last year.

Last edited:
Engine still might be a 150FDX? they came out in Feb 2013 (decomp cam model)

Yeah the Oko 26 will work with it, i had one on my 190cc when i first got it, i was running #45 pilot and #110 main jet with a Uni foam filter
With the Oko you will need the longer throttle cable too

cheers Craig, Have lxr 14 with oko already so realise the cable issue already, funnily enough YOU pointed that out to me bout 12 months back! haha
So is the FDX a good engine?

Latest posts

Back