LXR Back Brakes are going through the shed wall!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Let me start out with I HATE LXR BACK BRAKES!!!! AAaaahhhh they do my damn head in. Such a crappy design. Something that should take 5 mins to do like change brake pads ends up taking hours!!!

I bent the crap out of those clips so went and got some new ones and just can't get the pads in right. I have tried so many times.

Anyone have decent pics or tips?

Zach said you can run without the clips but have tried that as well and can't get them to stay in long enough before I get the disc in.

Ahh that sucks dude. I trialled LXR back brakes on my last build and ended up screwing a brand new set. Looks like I'll be chucking on GPXs straight away!!

those clips cause heaps of issues i found. i took them off pain in the ass to put the wheel back in but mine have worked ever since.
usually jam a large flat head screw driver in through the top and its abit easier

Doesn't the rear caliper have a pivot on it ?
Cant you take the bolt out at the front and just swing the caliper up to fit the disc pad's in ?

try putting a bit of sealant at the back of the pads then spread the pads so that it will rest at the piston and the other to the caliper, let it dry, the pads will stay and will not move when you put the caliper back to the bike.

You can run without them. But I find it easier to take the two Allen key bolts off the caliper take the calipwr off and put the wheel in. Then put the brake pads in and use the Allen key to hold open the pads. Slide it down and put the two bolts back in and you are done.

Think i got the same brakes on rear of my bbr midsize bike!
I Took the pads out! and ride it is where im up to with it!.
Be nice to have working rear brakes forshore

Latest posts

Back