Lxr cdi rev limiter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know if you can get a high performance cdi with a rev limiter for 155/160ho engine or are heavier valve springs the way to go?
Finally have this engine running sweet but seems to rev out really fast and valve bounce!
I presume valve bouncing is not very friendly on the engine.

Cheers, is it worth getting tb mx performance cdi aswell or will it not make that much difference to stock lxr cdi?

I didn't think tb made a 8 pin cdi? I don't see there being any gains even if they did.
Might pay to up the gearing a little, either larger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket. Will increase the speed in each gear, and make your power a little more useable.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I haven't checked up on this yet,
but you might be able to modify your wiring to accept a Daytona Anima 190FDX CDI on the Z160HO.
I'd need to compare stator reading's to see if it could work.
This is the Daytona CDI- http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/4-box-cdi/86427
Doing this will give you 4x timing setting's and 4x rev limiter's
Although with this mod, you'll definatly need those heavy duty spring's Stu mentioned ^^, and i'd add some Titanium retainer's while you're at it too
If the conversion work's then it might be easier to just get the Daytona Anima standard harness to run with the Daytona CDI, it'll make the wiring easier being plug and play

This is my 12v modified Harness and the timing/rev limit changeable Daytona CDI off my Braaap/Foxico Daytona 190F
You wont need the 12v part though

003_2.jpg

Might be worth a try, is there anywhere in aus i can get those tb springs, have bought alot of stuff from dhz but they dont seem to have them.
Shipping to nz is alot cheaper and faster from aus then china!

Try ringing DHZ ,or maybe even Classic Honda 50's, both are site sponsor's

Looked through their website, No information about international shipping so wasnt sure?

There is no revlimiter on the zongshen cdi, it's the vavles that float which leads to you can't rev it so much.

If you put harder springs you can rev it more.. But i really wonder if there is any tb springs that fit the stock head??

I used to ride a tb v2 head on my zongshen, reduced the valve float a lot and gained a lot of power. Then i changed to Takegawa rockers and Titanium retainers and it revved a hell lot more!

Regarding the CDI, the daytona 2v (trex) cdi will fit stock harness. It will give you some more power with the right cables connected together!

Last edited:
I was under the impression all the gear you mentioned will fit the stock head, you just don't get the extra flow the tb head has... if the tb springs don't fit (again, I'm sure they do) then you can get stiffer springs from ooracing as well, but shipping sucks from them

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The Daytona T-Rex 150 CDI only has 4 Timing Advance setting's (done by connecting wire's that run off the CDI box) but doesn't have a Rev Limiter, the matching Stator plate also has adjustable timing

The Z160's start to valve bounce at around 8500 rpm and 9500 rpm, they don't really make a lot more power past that anyway due to the cam.
You can just add a YX160 1mm valve spring shim under each spring to raise the valve bounce rpm, or fit some YX160 spring's with the shim's will get you a bit more again
You might want to find some decent Titanium Retainer's and H/Duty Collet's to keep them all together too

Best off saving for a TB V2 head

The Daytona T-Rex 150 CDI only has 4 Timing Advance setting's (done by connecting wire's that run off the CDI box) but doesn't have a Rev Limiter, the matching Stator plate also has adjustable timing

The Z160's start to valve bounce at around 8500 rpm and 9500 rpm, they don't really make a lot more power past that anyway due to the cam.
You can just add a YX160 1mm valve spring shim under each spring to raise the valve bounce rpm, or fit some YX160 spring's with the shim's will get you a bit more again
You might want to find some decent Titanium Retainer's and H/Duty Collet's to keep them all together too

Best off saving for a TB V2 head

Does the tb v2 head come with heavy duty valve springs?

Yes it would seeing as you can option the big S35 camshaft

yeah, but it has some valve float still. Ti retainers and aluminum rockers will help a lot.

Latest posts

Back