lxr pitpro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey carlts if ya talkin bout the casing being changed the only difference is the gen 1 has an oil slinger(acts as the oil filter) and the gen 2 has the oil filter, so would need to swap that but the crank should be the same and shouldnt be a prob

^^^ Yer my wording was a bit sloppy but that's what I meant :)

Not sure how effective the slinger is compared to the filter, but I've had no problems yet ...

there good carlts, if you ever pull the top plate off of your slinger you will see all the fine sludge caught on the sides from the spinning of the slinger, the amount would surprise you, is the same on the smaller engines with the clutch on the crank, you pull the cover off the clutch and its loaded with sludge, one thing never mentioned is every now and then cleaning either the slinger or clutch of the sludge, you get my PM bro lol

you guys are a lot more helpful than planetminis.com thanks!

Yeah miniriders is a lot more chilled mate, the other place can be very unforgiving to newbies, but we thrive on having you new guys arrive and appreciate the contribution you bring to miniriders hence the reason miniriders is now an international forum owned by an Aussie champion.

so how would i go about tearing the motor apart to change the tranny? ie. what do i have to do to the timing to get it ready to put back togetheter.

engines all torn apart! gears look perfect except where the shift forks rub on it...looks just like a bent shift fork!

engines all torn apart! gears look perfect except where the shift forks rub on it...looks just like a bent shift fork!

Shift drum needs replacing if it has wear marks, was it not engaging a gear and sounded like it was a destroyed gear?

i was going to replace the shift forks and drum. online i can get it for $59. all of the gears actually look perfect.

its wild eh, one small wear mark can prevent the gear from engaging enough and grind away like there is a destroyed gear, we saw this heaps on Lifan 150s and only ever on one Lifan 110

Yeah i reckon, we have changed them at work and they have been fine afterwards. As long as everything goes back the way it came out.

Latest posts

Back