Mad ass makeover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
The puny 125 wasn't cutting it, so Imma re-arrange the numbers:laughing-smiley-002

New YX150 E-start base engine. 66mm forged Wiseco in a steel-sleeved jug trimmed for starter clearance, 63mm stroker FPM crank in the trimmed and bored cases, topping it off with a cleaned-up V2 with another Tak decomp cam. TB manifold, PE28 Keihin with Daytona needle.

Base engine:
DSC01250.jpg

DSC01245-12.jpg

Lightweight inside-outer rotor flywheel:
Photo592-1.jpg

Bare cases, lightened up a bit:
Photo651.jpg

i have allways seen these and thought ... if ownly . there was like a crazy engine in one. so congrats on the build and i cant wait to see the finished product. a daytona 150 with a bolt on supercharger would of made it look crazy.. just saying

Thanks guys.

Darkrider, I did a kick-only one in 195cc, powdercoated matte black to match a fellows MA, a while back. I'll try to find a pic, or check threads I started. There's a few. I've done a few Daytona 150's (one with a 66mm stroker, one destroked for a 125-legal racer) and find them ok. The long-overdue Daytona with KLX-pattern and angled tappet cover is what I'm waiting on.

Damo, a lot;) Not really. Base engine is 535. 300 BBK, 200 stroker, 325 head, 200 cam, 200 intake/carb/jets, 200 for teardown/chop/assemble/trans tuning. 2G is a lot for a Chinese engine, but besides the kicker gears, they're a decent engine. Pretty much unrideable in the dirt. Throttle response from idle will light up any knob and drop you on your bottom quick. The deep, low moan has other riders looking for the 450 on-track, though. lol

I got around to measuring, and the flywheel weighs 255g less than a regular Honda one. I'm gonna weigh up the starter motor, but think it's gonna end up not as heavy as most fear.

Big piston, way down in the hole:)
Photo655.jpg

Black textured powdercoated 195 I did for another MadAss, a while back, with Lifan clutch cover.
Photo433.jpg

Photo434-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and, some may notice that the base engine has Honda-type port locations on intake and exhaust, easing the swap for Monkey/Dax/R fitment. This one gets a V2 and Tak SxxD cam, but the stock head can be tuned up nicely.

Oh, and, some may notice that the base engine has Honda-type port locations on intake and exhaust, easing the swap for Monkey/Dax/R fitment. This one gets a V2 and Tak SxxD cam, but the stock head can be tuned up nicely.

have you got anymore details or links for the honda style one
im looking for a kick ass motor to put into my z50r/baja build nut i want it to have the honda style intake and exhaust ports

have you got anymore details or links for the honda style one
im looking for a kick ass motor to put into my z50r/baja build nut i want it to have the honda style intake and exhaust ports

The base engine is 60x53, standard wide-ratio trans, 28/23.5 valves, and is a good performer as-is.
Piranha 150cc Engine w/ Electric Starter
It's a great bang-for-the-buck engine. Lots of add-ons are available, if a fellow gets bored.

ive build a 184cc v2 with decome before then i went onto a honda nice 146 tjr built looking for my next setup was thinking the daytoina 150 stroked to a 160

ive build a 184cc v2 with decome before then i went onto a honda nice 146 tjr built looking for my next setup was thinking the daytoina 150 stroked to a 160

The Daytona is nice. I've done a few, from 125 destroke to 172 stroker, 2v & 4v. Latest cases seem to be holding up nicely.

whats a 172 2v setup worth,
they need a decomp setup on them to take the stress off when starting

whats a 172 2v setup worth,
they need a decomp setup on them to take the stress off when starting

I like the longer cam, with standard piston, on a big one. Bleeds some pressure off. Agreed on the decomp. Pitty the Tak decomp cams for Honda/Lifan heads won't swap in. Daytona has a better rocker ratio so it's tougher. An exhaust valve lifter, or spark plug push-button setup should work. I'm in the same boat with a 14 y/o girl on the 125cc destroked one. Shakes the ground, but she can't get it lit.

Any way, the stroker crank adds $250 to the build.

Daytona head is nice, but the Tak +R for the Chinese stud pattern allows decomp cams in six different grinds. We've run a couple on MX'ers and the top end pull rivals the 4v. They're $740 outright, or $500 up-charge if having a motor built and I keep the new Daytona head. Add for cam of choice, $149 for regular, $209 for decomp.

Well, I lit it off. Didn't feel like wiring the e-start battery, so I gave it 2 kicks, plugged in the coil and it fired up 1st kick, and settled in to a high idle. Nice to have a pre-tuned carb or two lying about:) Feel free to laugh at my crude engine run-in stand...lol

Photo662.jpg

sweet build might buy a second hand madass for 300 and turnit into a moutian bike with offroad tyers

Latest posts

Back