Me at Freetime trophy series race at Haapsalu

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniracer39

Reaction score
Hi,
As i just made an account, thought I would share this :D
Please don't hate my sucky riding, I installed a 26mm carb like 2 days before the race so had barely any time to get used to it! 2nd race was better though :)
Riding in class newcomers :)

Race 1:
[video=youtube;Opk3fLquXhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opk3fLquXhs[/video]
Race 2:
[video=youtube;rYhZ4s6umkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYhZ4s6umkU[/video]

Last edited:
Welcome to miniriders mate, what motors does everyone run over there?

Thanks :) Oh they vary :D Most setups are Zongshen 155CC with different intake,head,bore,exhaust or YX 160 various versions both 2v and 4v and with short gearing and long gearing, also one of my friends is running daytona anima 190 fdx.
My engine setup:
Zongshen 155 2 valve
Camshaft chain switched 1 tooth to the early side to open intake earlier
Mikuni VM26 carb
Stomp slip-on exhaust
07/08 pitpro small diameter flame pipe (what it does is it makes power delivery more smooth, less torque on low revs so its smoother in curves, but from mid range it goes crazy :)
though my engine was dull there, i haven't checked intake valve clearance in a long time :D now i did and it runs much better. those dumb zongshens and their dumb chinese weak metal, valves wear really quickly.. also clutch baskets. metalfraust.it charges 300 euros for a strong clutch setup and another 300 for strong gearbox, way out of my price range..
Here in Estonia we have our own trophy series of races for minibikes, consists of 4 races across summer at different tracks and different classes. Classes are: Expert, 35+, Women, Newcomers, Youth(16 and under), 800euros(show class basically, if you race in that class and someone wants to buy your bike, you have to sell it for 800 euros by the end of the raceday.)

Last edited:
good work on the video mate !
i see there are a heap of riders in each race, it makes things interesting on the first few corners i bet!!

yeah that track does look dry, is it summer over there?
we are in the middle of a wet winter in Australia atm.

i cant believe what you guys get charged for a good clutch, that works out to about $432 AU
i think we could send you 3 clutches for that price, including postage ?

your 800 Euro Class, we have that here too, but it is used more in the tarmac/bitumen race series.
in Australia, here in SA it is called Bucket racing.
if someone offers you $800 dollars for you bike your have to sell it at the end of that day
so people build the cheapest bike out of whatever they can

cheers, craig

timeeh: thanks :) it was harsh to see :D and yes it is summer here, Estonia is located right south from finland, next to russia. We got both crazy summers and winters hehe :D +30C during summer and -30C during winter.
By the way they did lay down water on the track, both last night and during the start of the day. It was pretty wet during the qualification laps but it got sunny and thats how it all ended... :D
my67yr: thanks to you as well :) i wasnt really satisfied that race though, as the competition is really tough. I did not even come to middle and yes there are like 20 racers, its rather dangerous at first few corners. If i go to estonian nationals for big bikes and we have mini mx class there too we have like 40 bikes at start and thats even worse.. :D Last race at aarna i wish i had gopro, i ripped the hell out of the bike, there were only few spots where i didnt go throttle wide open, and even if i pushed as hard as i could there, i was 11/21 in second race... unebelievable what kind of competition we have here! At first i didnt really know what im going to do at aarna, i didnt do minibike training for days, i was training with 2004 450 ktm, alignment and everything is different, but it sure takes away my fear to pull in curves :)

About clutches....
I use this one http://www.freetime.ee/?lang=est&m1=2&m2=63&m3=67&tk=83&prod=11
and Estonia obtains most of pitbike parts from YCF container.

wow thats a helluva long message.. :D
Oh and this is how expert class flied on that track :)
[video=youtube;8lNpy73K8EQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lNpy73K8EQ[/video]

Last edited:
the google chrome translater on my computer cant convert estonian to english.

but i saw the gopro hero 3 at the bottom of that linked page though, selling at 990 Euro ?
is that correct ?

for the black hero 3 they are $429 AU, or 293 Euro in Australia.
white hero 3 $262 AU, or 179 Euro
and silver hero 3 $329 AU, or 224 Euro

Latest posts

Back