mild mods.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mso140s

Reaction score
Gday ppl,
I hav a mos140s with a lifan motor. I am after abit more go. So far i have put a Duel Big Bore exhaust from DHZ. (I no that most ppl dont like them,they only for wank factor ETC ETC,personaly i like them so thats all im worried about) and im going to get a UNI filter in the next fews days. Im just wondering if i get a better carby,what would be my best bet??? oko 26mm??? wat does ppl reakon?

nothing wrong with the duel DHZ exhaust.
and yeah i'd say oko 26mm carby also avalable from DHZ.
does the 140 have inner rotor already?
they are also decent when you want more gooo.

yes get a oko 26mm carby

also an ORK would be a decent mod alongside some porting, a cam, valve springs and a HC piston

irk is old school and has a savage advance curve.
ork has the advance curve pretty much spot on so less chances of kick back, its adjustable as well.

make sure you upgrade the oil slinger to a cnc one also or else youll have a snapped crankshaft..

oko26mm kit with a 96 mainjet and 36 pilot and away you go..

so if i put the oko 26mm with a 96 mainjet & 36 pilot,with a uni filter WITHOUT the ORK or the IRK,will that make a difference at all???

yep oko flatty is the biggest performance gain you can get without opening up the head ;)

hey mate i have the mso140s with the lifan. Have ported my head, and changed the carby to an oko26mm. Had a few dramas to begin with but that was just with jetting. The gains are fantastic, one thing i noticed was through boggy sand instead of dying the bike had alot of extra legs to get through. Im 90kgs and 6ft tall. Im in the process of buying a cam to try, also going to upgrade the exhaust and throw in an ork.

so if i put the oko 26mm with a 96 mainjet & 36 pilot,with a uni filter WITHOUT the ORK or the IRK,will that make a difference at all???
yeah the OKO 26mm will generate pretty good gains on it's own, especially with the twin pipe setup already on there... The ORK would be your best bet, but is tricky to wire up if you dont have the correct loom... pays to pay the extra dollars and get one from DHZ that has close the right wiring loom... IRK's are great if you wanna add bulk revs quickly, and have the skills to ride it on the pipe everywhere... otherwise you will lose a little bit of torque and tractability... good fun but, if you can swing off it...
The ORK is by far the better alround ignition set-up to have... best of both worlds... allows the engine to grab revs quicker owing to the lesser reciprocating mass, (lightened flywheel) and it's adjustability when it comes to actual ignition timing. :)
hey mate i have the mso140s with the lifan. Have ported my head, and changed the carby to an oko26mm. Had a few dramas to begin with but that was just with jetting. The gains are fantastic, one thing i noticed was through boggy sand instead of dying the bike had alot of extra legs to get through. Im 90kgs and 6ft tall. Im in the process of buying a cam to try, also going to upgrade the exhaust and throw in an ork.

Stubbsy you should consider the A7 cam... Akunar usually have them. I run one in the bling40, and found it to offer gains everywhere, simple to install, and DIDNT require the use of HD valve springs... obviously the valve springs would be beneficial, but with the stock springs in the Lifan 140, no interference between the valves and piston was experienced, and it still winds up to nearly 10,000rpm without valve bouncing... and yes, that's dyno proven 10k... :)

thump... hate to tell you but you definitely need valve springs with an A7 cam and even an A2..
the springs coil bind AND (wait for it) will give you a stumble in your rev range making you think its a carby problem.
i fitted an A2 cam couple of weeks ago and it coil bind straight away so i removed the spring shims and it had just enough clearance, but it valve bounces way to early so i have to install H/D springs now..

i would of mentioned this earlier but i didnt know you had that size cam in it..

rule of thumb... when fitting any aftermarket cam, install H/D valve springs it not only adds reliability but also gets rid of the early valve bounce these engines are known for..

Stubbsy you should consider the A7 cam... Akunar usually have them. I run one in the bling40, and found it to offer gains everywhere, simple to install, and DIDNT require the use of HD valve springs... obviously the valve springs would be beneficial, but with the stock springs in the Lifan 140, no interference between the valves and piston was experienced, and it still winds up to nearly 10,000rpm without valve bouncing... and yes, that's dyno proven 10k... :)

yeah mate i was thinking of going the A7, had one teed up with epod but he has disappeared off the face of the earth. Ill just go brand new i think, just got a job out the mines so i will have some extra cash now :laughing-smiley-002. I will probly go the HD springs just for piece of mind as well. The less stuff to break the better lol.

ha ha, fair call, but if it makes you feel any better, the Bling40 still has the stock springs in it, has done a squillion hours, and still winds up to 10k at the flick of a wrist, without any issues after i built it 2 years ago.... :)
hmm, now i think of it, i wonder what it would go like if i DID put the HD springs in it... lol

point im getting at is the stumble in the rev range...

and i think you've got lucky with the valves not snapping in half lol

and yeah bigger springs will allow it to rev more than 10k

hmm... the 40 has a stumble bout 1/3rd of the way up the rev range, but that disappears when you replace the 28mm OKO with a 26.... couldnt ever get rid of that lil burp n fart...

I'm starting to think the Bling40 might have the best thursday engine ever built in it... even though it gets kidd gloves maintenance, it's still been thrashed mercilessly... must just been real lucky i guess... although the whole thing was blueprinted, casematched etc before it was even started...

nah, bugger it musta just been lucky.... :D

10k+ with HD springs you say? hmm... might bring that motor out of retirement then... :D

hey thump what size lift cam you reckon?

well I was gonna go 6.7mm a2 cam but sean talked me out of it... akunar reckons there's a good chance you'd get more power out of a 6.7mm cam in a small bore engine like 110 to 160 with the 7mm a7 being better suited to real big bore's buuut yeh sean knows his stuff so I went 7mm... still waiting on it tho

righto thanks mate ill check them out

Latest posts

Back