Milk crates...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_sikma

Reaction score
Hey,

Seen a few pics with bikes standing on milk crates...

Are they pretty steady on there? I seen a proper stand for like $50- on ebay but if the crates are alright i can get one for nothing from work.

I guess you just rest the bottom bash plate on it?

Cheers

Jase

yep but make syre the engine is not hot other wise the milk crate will melt to the bike lol.

speaking from experience? lol

so they stay on ok?

i had some stuff holding mine the other day when my front wheel was off and it ended up falling!

yeh they hold just make sure its in the midlle aswell

yeah there pretty good mine sits on there nice an safe because of the bashplate

but if you start your bike on the create or you put your bike on it after a ride make sure the front of the exhaust isnt touching the create cause you will melt the create an it will stick on your exhaust

Fully they work best if you have a flat cheepy bashplate. Just slides under. The only stands worth buying are the mechanical ones so you dont have to lift up the back of the bike and they arent worth it as you can lift up the back of the pittys easy.

yep i stole a couple crates for my bike too.

Good to hold all the fuel, oil, chain lube when i take my bike out too.

milk creates are ok but for bigger bikes u need to screw a piece of alloy or somthing on the top of the milk create so it dont fold in
but i brought a foot stand for $65

milk crates make good work shop seat to ,you can also carry all your oil and shit on racedays in a milkcrate .you can carry bottles of milk in a milk crate to :)

I use a 20 liter bucket as a work stand, but I have kept my actual stand on and it looks gay but works real good.

Milk crates are great for the price :D

As pointed out, heat and balance are a factor.

Also you have to slide your bike side to side to muck around with rear brake lever and gear lever.

If your bash plate allows for it... cut a bit of the crate out so you can undo/change your oil with the bike on the crate.

lol, i use to use a 20 litre bucke of rlly old paint, still 80% full so it didn't tip, but instead of liftin it off the otherday i like leaned it off and it worked, but the side of the can bent so if i put mi bike on, it is on quite a slant to the left.. i gotta get me a milk crate, lol. prob just get a raising foot-lever stand for like 70 bucks from motie shop around the corner on the w/end..
hey where do u guys get milk crates from anywayz?? lol

Milk crates are great for the price :D

As pointed out, heat and balance are a factor.

Also you have to slide your bike side to side to muck around with rear brake lever and gear lever.

If your bash plate allows for it... cut a bit of the crate out so you can undo/change your oil with the bike on the crate.

you pay for milk crates?? lol

you pay for milk crates?? lol

In the criminal law, theft (also known as stealing) is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent. As a term, it is used as shorthand for all major crimes against property, encompassing offences such as burglary, embezzlement, larceny, looting, robbery, trespassing, shoplifting, intrusion, fraud (theft by deception) and sometimes criminal conversion. In some jurisdictions, theft is considered to be synonymous with larceny; in others, theft has replaced larceny.

Someone who carries out an act of or makes a career of theft is known as a "thief".

Latest posts

Back