Mini fmx comp coming soon 2 melbounrne

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloz1991

Reaction score
Hey guys me and a mate have been trying 2 organise a mini fmx comp in melb 4 some time at end of year or early next year we have got the course layout prize money sorted we are just looking at a place to have the comp im doin this so the sport keeps alive this is a fun event 4 all if u are willing 2 help out let me no

To give u guys an idea of wat the course layout is goin 2 be like we have a speed and style course in the course we have got......

2 ramp hits in a row 1 set up bout 20ft and other at 25ft the ramps are about 6ft tall

then u come into 1 hit they are aussie comp ramps 1 ramp is at 20ft and other is set round 30ft to 45ft

after that u have got a wall ride after u hit that we have got a 20ft to 30ft dirt hit.....

Thats the course 4 speed and style remember u can start were ever u want and jump wat eva u want

we have also got best trick each rider has got 3 jumps with there best trick on aussie comp ramps 1 set bout 20ft to 25ft and other 30ft to 45ft

speed and style
prizes are
1st $500
2nd $300
3rd $200

best trick
1st $200

hope u like wat the layout is

good luck with this mate, I dont know if you realise just how big the overheads are in organising an event like this. Your hardest thing will be Finding a suitable spot that isnt going to get noise complaints, and finding someone to insure you/ or legally cover you in case things go sour..

IMHO I cant see this happening, as there are BIG GUY out there doing it hard organising race meets, demonstration days etc..

What makes you think this will work!??

NOT HAVING A GO AT YA MATE, JUST STATING IT HOW I SEE IT!!

PS: you spelt <MELBOURNE> wrong.... ''Mini fmx comp coming soon 2 melbounrne''

Last edited:
Yeah i no wat ur sayin the insurance is 1 of the hardest things 2 get these day i am still doin the run round 4 it

the other hard thing is findin property 2 hold it i have found a couple propertys that i can hold it at but still looking

this event is goin 2 be hard 2 pull off but if people are willing 2 help out some how it would be great coz the mini fmx scene in australia looks like its goin dwn hill and im just tryin 2 put more events out there 4 the industry

So why are you trying to start another one!? There is events already underway, If you Contact Greg at buZz BiKes, im sure he would be more than happy to discuss the current series they are putting together.

FWIW try opening the search in a new window and looking for ''indoor extreme''

Keep us posted..

^^ ahhhh.. ur in Darwin.. he is talking MELBOURNE, i think you will find...

the comp is in QLD at the final round of hri racing why dose it matter were the event is if there is an event people should ride and stop bitching about it being to far other wise people like me and karloz will stop organising stuff all together

This is my 2p worth of opinion.....

Dude, keep the prize money and use it to help find a nice venue and stuff.. or maybe throw it at a descent BBQ and a few bottles...

People are invited to come to a BBQ and jump at their own risk etc... spend a few days building a nice load of dirt jumps, they hard work etc...but can be cost effective compared to proper ramps etc...

people will naturally play and those that can REALLY jump will GO BIG just for the fun of it and the respect of the crowd etc..

I Wont be in Brisbane till dec 3rd..and i wont have a bike for a couple days maybe a week or 2 after that.

But i telling ya.... if there was an event like this run in my neck of the woods (when i arrive) maybe after the new year...i'd come for sure and Lay it down!! lol.

Would be BRILLIANT!!!!!

Long live Mini FMX!!!!! :)

Tom.

i agree! look for sponsers to offer some prize's and use the money for the event! if you organise it right/ get sponsers etc then people will come reguardless of prize money!

it wuold be nice if it worked like that but it never dose these days no one ever want to show up unless the is a few thousand on the line witch is prety anoying , id rather just throw a jam day but you dont get interstate rider to them

the comp is in QLD at the final round of hri racing why dose it matter were the event is if there is an event people should ride and stop bitching about it being to far other wise people like me and karloz will stop organising stuff all together

well the OP DID ask for event in MELBOURNE, not interstate.

We have comps here, ok they may be a little far and few between but when they happen.. they do happen in a big way! Look at the Franston meet as an example and Indoor Xtreme.. Cant say they were ill thought out events..

As for organisation and prizes, again, the $ you have would be better of given to a shop then having them distribute prizes accordingly. Taje Cash out of the equasion unless you plan on talking 4-5 digets... You think if you read the OP you would of known that posting here was not helping. Could of started a new topic and had everyones attention rather than just those of in melbourne..

just seems pointless imho.. but hey.. what would I know eh..

i posted in this one cos i felt like it 1000 first place is wat i have up for grabs at the fmx comp but theres not point me telling any one any way as most people that say they will turn up on forums never do its always the same guys at the fmx events even wen we cater for all the guys complaingin that 45 is to big so we get a second ramp for them and then no one shows up . id be more then happy to not have to chase up prize money and just get products and stuff out as prizes but no ones will ride for just prizes as most of us travel all over to do the comps like me i live in darwin yet i still make the effort to get to as many other peoples events as i can if this melbourne comp ever dose happen i will be there along with the same few guys that get to every comp , not for money but to keep the industry going .

Latest posts

Back