mini freestyle what's going on

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it sure has gone quite the last year, but from what all the boys have been saying every ones getting right back into it and started practicing again and a heap of us will be riding together in tassie in a month
we just need something to do in between the few comps that do pop up, any one remember the trick fiddy team?? something like that would get the industry cranking again i reckon!!

its not for lack of trying that there arnt many mini fmx events ive been pushing and pushing but i keep getting told were not important enuf or not enuf of a specticle to have at events it is so frustrating , i dosent help when no companys what to put any actual money into an event they think merch is all that is needed to run a comp they seem to forget about insurance and course rentals ambos all of witch cost money not products and those that do give money only ever give like 500 and act as if they are giving you an organ i have tried organising a fmx style of events like what the rfdmx have but now with out a magazine to get coverage in it will be even harder as no one wants to let mini bike riders have events at there set ups , if a whilling sponser came forward i would more then happy organise a 4 round serries in aus but until then i cant see much happening its a real shame cos our guys are the best

i give you big props timmy, in the last year you have tried harder than pretty much anyone to get comps up and running, but like you said its near impossiable, when the companys that make money off our sport dont put anything back into supporting mini comps

were all seen dusty and tj going as big if not bigger than most big bikers, aus riders have the tricks now just need to keep progressing and keep going bigger so we dont have to have seperate comps??

Yeah boys stay on ya feet and kee throwin punches it'll turn around .

As far as the reluctance of big bikes to include us ?

Well you boys know we did em up badly at KOTC I saw one flip from the big boys but all of the flip combos from us ... my guess is they may be scared ?

Anyway I'm gunna start ringing a few crew to see if we can get a bit of support going ... if I have any luck I'll point em at you guys .

And yeah boys don't ever think your efforts are going unnoticed or are unappreciated by those in the scene that care about the fmx scene :cool:

cheers dready i do want to run a comp this year just not if its gona cost me a bunch of money again mitew just stick to having comps up here in darwin as we have a full time fmx and mini track that will change it to suit the event iam doing plus its all under lights , to bad not many guys would want to come for it just the same crew that is always there

i know this is a fairly old thread but is there anymore mini guys in sydney like nick and them or has everyone moved north like most riders are doing??? Im rebuilding my setup atm, fixing up my main downy, building a mini track for the wife and prob a set of bmx style trails down the hill. as most of you guys know from the ride day i had a few years ago im more then happy for guys to come ride and whatnot, there wont be a foampit this time. so depending on how many guys are still into freestyle and are keen to travel might line something up with dready and tim or whoever is keen to get something happening and get a comp going??? any ideas, anyone up for it???

i know this is a fairly old thread but is there anymore mini guys in sydney like nick and them or has everyone moved north like most riders are doing??? Im rebuilding my setup atm, fixing up my main downy, building a mini track for the wife and prob a set of bmx style trails down the hill. as most of you guys know from the ride day i had a few years ago im more then happy for guys to come ride and whatnot, there wont be a foampit this time. so depending on how many guys are still into freestyle and are keen to travel might line something up with dready and tim or whoever is keen to get something happening and get a comp going??? any ideas, anyone up for it???

Hey mate I'm west at the moment but will back over nearer chrissy ... stoked you are settin the ranch back up man I'll come up forsure ...hope it's not as hot as the sun after a big night like last time ...and foam pit ? That was just and oven of horriblness in summer anyway ...at least it looked it. lol It won't take long to get a posse goin mate there's still heaps of crew in sydney lookin for somewhere to ride there's a group on here for nsw riders drop a post for a ride day and there'll be heaps of crew. And that's the good thing about yours mate everyone feels welcome pro or novice .

And yeah a comp would be awsome mate I know Timmy Kade Knoel and doormat would be keen .

Again mate stoked to see ya back on the mini :congrats:

hey scott yeah iam always keen to help out just let me know and ill see what i can do if your keen to get back into doing some fun shows let me know
cheers tim

lol yeah dready the weather on the ride day was just soo stupid lol. way to hot to do anything let alone jump in the pit!!

just gotta reshape the downy, making it a 2way now instead of the big downy and 50 downy side by side. ill throw up some photos in a thread of how everything is looking and then we'll get something happening again if we get enough riders keen for it???

lol yeah dready the weather on the ride day was just soo stupid lol. way to hot to do anything let alone jump in the pit!!

just gotta reshape the downy, making it a 2way now instead of the big downy and 50 downy side by side. ill throw up some photos in a thread of how everything is looking and then we'll get something happening again if we get enough riders keen for it???

Love ya work brother just what the nsw scene needs ...as usual you're RIPPING :grinning-smiley-003

Mate we'd love to have ya down here I got a feeling you'd fit right in ... and yeah mate know that most of us Aussies look up to you too.

p.s I got a hartway dressup kit for my 88 , ... they are as rare as rockinghorse sh#t over here so was stoked to get my hands on one .... oh yeah glad to hear ya face is still there .

lol put it back in your pants Troy, Trav is just like you and me! but cooler then both of us lol

ok seems we will be having a mini fmx comp coming up in the next few months down here in tassie with the wsm crew i will post up the dates as soon as we get them sorted . and before this some how gets turned into a braaap hateing thread as of yet it dosent have anything to do with them so please try and keep it to point . i have already talked to a few boys and there all keen for it so hopefully its all a go :)

gonna get into the whole mini fmx/ fmx scene soon,
just gotta get the ramp built and the dirt!
where can i get cheap or free?
how do i shape it?
how much will it cost for a full setup (ramp, dirt downie, machinery, etc?)
and are there any places around brisbane or the gold coast that have a freestyle compound that would allow me to ride?
i really want to get into the whole fmx thing
i have heaps of land out at our farm so thats not an issue...
it's more a problem about us being in a "remoteish" location...
any tips and stuff would be great!
thanks,
james

if you are going to jump the atomic thats in you videos you will have to do something about the suspension and frame- Strengthen it
the distance you jump will play a big roll on how much dirt you get but about 15-30 feet i say about 2 truck loads as i have 1 and its not quite enough...... just shovel it together takes a while but i find you can shape it perfect the exact way you want
Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back