Mini Jr's Quad Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniFighter

Reaction score
Hey Guy's, Few of you would have probably heard me talking about the mini quads my kids have from time to time. And since my young fella is always by my side when im tinkering i thought I'd get him his own build and thread going.

Inspiration behind this build is from the insane quads at Pocketbikesunlimited in the US. Our build will be based on the pic below

green-custom-4.jpg

We were going to base it on something a little more aggressive that these guys build, but ended up choosing this one.

So started removing the broken bits and stripping it down, well Jackson did ;) i just helped with the tight bolts. This is the donor bike (note: i had to build a standalone bench just for Jack at a better height...just for him:) )

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

After some WD-40 and a few minutes of tinkering we were starting to get a pile happening.

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

I let Jackson have free range of what parts i had and this is his pile so far. He couldnt decide between the two oil coolers, but if we stay with the 2 stroke (like above) we obv wont use either.

DSCF0034.jpg

After some thinking, and drawing i designed some brackets that i will need to make, so went and got some 1/4 plate and also some 1/8 plate.

Brackets to be made are: Swinger mount brackets and Upper shock mount. Ill be making the brackets through the week and gotta get the MIG off the old man to attach them to the frame.

Bit of a sit together to get measurements.

DSCF0038.jpg

Note: Most parts so far will be replaced once they are known to fit. More for a "mock up" rather than using the good bits. Will also get a slightly longer swinger.

More to come soon!

Mini & Jack.

nice mate, i wish my old man got me out in the shed so i wasn't so useless lol good luck to you both should be a awesome build .

Wayne will the shock angle affect how it works ? In the pic it looks like it's not to far off horizontal, wouldent than make the shock realy hard ?

Wayne will the shock angle affect how it works ? In the pic it looks like it's not to far off horizontal, wouldent than make the shock realy hard ?

No... It's basic leverage ;)

As long as it doesn't push past horizontal too much on the rear swinger it should be fine (if it does, it might result in some collapsing).

In the pic the shock is cable tied to get an idea of how it will fit. The bracket i made and welded on is around 50mm back from the one its cable tied too.

MF, I figured a way to strip and combine three of the 33cc pocketbike race engines in to a compact 99cc triple. Some expansion chambers and a Comet clutch and it would sing the prettiest song on the island:)

keen for some more pictures! haha i like the quad were ur ideas are coming from. Might make one if i find a frame, have the motors lying around in the shed.

KEEP US POSTED!! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back