Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, Ill be lookign at bike shop when i get new ride...
What rims you running? 14 rear 12 front?

Regards Blair

Honestly it depends how hard you are going to ride. Some guys will get away with pretty much anything but the faster you ride and the more you throw the bike into corners the better the tires you'll need.

Most guys in the USA who are racing mini motard run Dunlop tt91's (have just been replaced with TT92's) or Bridgesotne BT601SS. Unfortunately our local tire distributors hav'nt had the foresight to bring these in Aus.

Try Michelin pilots/ pirelli sl26's, etc.... best bet is to go into your local moto shop and have a look through the tyre catalog's to make sure you can get the size you want in the brand you want. Remember that wider is'nt always better because it will be harder to seat up on the rim bead, and unless you're using a 2.15 wide rim you wont get close to the edge of the tyre even with mad lean angles on say a 120 wide tire.

I've got 110's on a 1.85 rim front and back and ride road race style (as opposed to leg out motard) and still have around 10-15mm of unused tyre on each edge.

Hope this helps.

No, I'm running 12-12 front and rear with a front that I laced up myself using the standard hub but with a 1.85 wide rear rim.

I'd REALLY like a set of 2.15's as they would make the tyre profile a little bit more useable but I'm not rushing out to spend the bucks at this point. I seem to do a fine job of spending my $$$ on lots of other bits and pieces.

oops it might be pilot... Im thinking i might take em back though wait until i actually get the rims first...

Cheers blair:D

anybody ever run a 12/14 motard setup? i just cant find any cheap 12/12 rims that take a 15mm axle... but 12/14 rims with 15mm axle the same as my stock rims are dirt cheap on ebay

can you get half decent tyres in a 14" front? even with knobbies my pitty feels good on sealed roads

There's a guy at South morang that races 14 and 12. he does ok on it too. But from what everyone else does and the guys who win, 12 12 is the way to go.

cheaper = better for me ;) hell ill probably hardly ever get to use the motard setup

yea tru, anyone know where we can get some 12/12 rims, That for me will fit Motovert Expert

Nope, I am looking for another rear one that will fit. I tried the one off my AGB27 but the sprocket and brake disc dont line up.

Loose the motovert and get Atomik Reign,thats what won the 2006 Mini Motard Chamionship this year in both junior and senior races at South Morang and cleaned up when it went to Warnambool also.every one thats ridden that bike say it handles and goes better then anything else. I think they have that frame dialed inn perfect.After riding the moto vert i was left dissapointed with the poor performance and handling it not realy suited to Motard.
http://www.atomik.com.au/reign.htm

bit too Late now. Yea im thinking that i will get another set of rims for Motard and then Head out off road with mates....

Any way saying that mate, the Moto vert Still has the Marzocchi forks, DNM rear Shock, Heaps of Billet Gear... And i hear on dirt it preforms pretty well... But as for Motard, I guess i will find out for my Self...

Cheers Dreamah

Last edited:
is that atomik reign running a lifan engine? looks like one... how much do they go for? cant see any on ebay..

looks like a semi decent package, but hard to believe its that good, looks like any other pitty with fastace suspension and start any gear motor?

New to motards.

Hey i live in Sydney and would like to start motard racing on ma thumpstar does any body no any places wer u dont get hassled but the cops and can just ride there. Any help much appreciated.:)

250 with smaller wheels?

i have a yamaha tt250
i'm wanting q pitbike but can't get the money or allowed to sell the yamaha
so can i fit smaller wheels?
rear 19" front 21"
can i go
12" 14"?

thanks

sorry to kill to the moment, but i dont think any1 makes 12 inch wheels for a tt250.

no no no..... but you go some 17" and make it a motard bike! but that would cost more than a minibike since you can get them for like $450 & if you carnt afford that you wont be able to afford new wheels for the TT250

Latest posts

Back