Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzard

Reaction score
Mini Motard

Hi All,
I run the website http://www.vsmr.net specific to full sized Supermotards.

I am also involved in the push to get mini motards on the track at GPTC in South Morang on Melbournes outskirts.
Braxton Laine the Owner of GPTC is assisting in every effort to make this happen, and although the 50's Compound there gets a good workout on the weekends, It would be good to see some more 'pitties' set up with scooter tyres and come out for the track days every Saturday from 10AM.

As soon as numbers pick up Racing starts... :twisted:

Is there many riders out there currently with mini motards that would take advantage of this open practice track access?
If so, See you at GPTC this Saturday... 8)

Re: Mini Motard

Muzzard said:
Hi All,

I am also involved in the push to get mini motards on the track at GPTC in South Morang on Melbournes outskirts.

Hi Muzzard

Just read your post and I thought I'd reply to offer some encouragement to yourself and anybody contemplating getting into mini motards.

We have been racing mini motards weekly at Archerfield (Brisbane) since early May. The numbers have been up and down mainly due to lack of publicity but they are always exciting and spectacular and a real crowd pleaser.

Keep pushing and the numbers will build as the word spreads.

If anybody in or near Brisbane is interested in giving it a go come to Colebard Street Archerfield or Ph 0407 738 033 for more info.
Practice Saturday 8am - 12:00 ($15)
Race Sunday - 4 heats and final ($30)

Good luck 8)

Desmo

what bikes have been running? 50's or 110/125's?

Mini Motards

No takers to speak of as far as the 50's go - mostly 110's with some 125's.

Regards

Desmo

kool do u have ne web links to the tyres u guys are using?
using 10" rims or bigger?
cheers

Mini Motard

jack said:
kool do u have ne web links to the tyres u guys are using?
using 10" rims or bigger?
cheers

Don't have any links to refer you to. If you live in or near Brisbane you should visit the track and ask the riders. If you can't visit let me know and I will ask for you.

Riders are using 10" rims and larger ones as well. I will check that out as well.

Incidently we have a section of dirt including jumps etc that the riders use.

Desmo

looks good, dosnt actually say whats in the kit, you would definitely need different handlebars

Mini Motard?

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a MotoVert 110 shortly. I was wondering how hard it would be to get a set of rims and tires to then put the bike on a motard track?

There is the track up in South Morang here in Melbourne that does that sort of thing. I was thinking of maybe getting a set of rims and tires so I could do both.

what would they set me back roughly? Which ones would be a good choice? Price and quality wise?

cheers

rims on ebay with tyre and inner tube for around $40.

motard tired will probably be around that.... i remember seeing a post with a site to a seller of motard tyres or mayb they were on ebay...

I've got a atomik 125cc with performance pipe and different sprockets etc.. im runing a michilen slick on the back and a knobby on the front, would it be possible for me to come?

I know Most People race Double 10's. and Franky you will find that you will suffer with the front Knobby.

12" rims front and back fitted with Dunlop tt91 is used by many OS.

I have been keen as mustard to race my 125cc as a SuperMotard can anyone give me a contact in MELBOURNE?

Latest posts

Back