Mini Motard setup

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setting up your bike to motard is fairly easy, just go on line and buy some wider rims (2.50 rear & 2.15 front) grab some road tyres, cheapest way it to hit one of us up usually one of us will have some old less sticky tyres laying around for nicks.

Changing it over is just a matter of doing the disks & sprocket each time. It's a pain in the ass, but does make it cheaper. If you have the extra coin just buy a second set of disks & rear sprocket :)

Bark busters are handy to save your leavers from snapping when you have an off.
Full leathers are perfect, but a heavy set of jeans and jumper with knee and elbo pads required, GOOOD Gloves, skidlid nothing less than full face!!! googles will get you on the track at Archerfield

Also you can come out on the track on your dirt setup, alot have done this in the past just to try it out with out the expence.

Altho no rolling hills or dust clouds folowing you around, cops can't fine you and no one complains! CHEAP LEGAL FUN !

Thanks for your replies, good tips.
Just wondering what's the difference between pitpro, tdr, atomik? They all seem to run lifan engines or similar?

tdr is the worst then atomik then pitpro, DHZ is better than all them put together

What are your thoughts on this bike?

That depends what you plan to do with it and what it sells for. If you just want to try motard and the price is right it might be a good buy for you.

He's obviously spent some coin on it and it does *read* like it has the goods, but being a 2nd hand Chinese bike, I'd inspect in person and give the mechanicals a good check before bidding.

Doesn't say anything about the forks either, so assume they are cheap/ non-adjustable.

I'd ask what width the rims are too.

Bahaha That has three exhuasts?? His cool lol. It'll be better to buy a new bike and buid it up to what yu think feels good and right. Bike I'ld surgest is DHZ MINI MOTO - Bikes . Just comes down to how much cc you want.

Bahaha That has three exhuasts?? His cool lol. It'll be better to buy a new bike and buid it up to what yu think feels good and right. Bike I'ld surgest is DHZ MINI MOTO - Bikes . Just comes down to how much cc you want.

its from lakeside.. so you know a knob has set it up haha..

3 pipes would be for their "noise restrictions"

haha, i went out there on a water cooled pocket bike and didn't last a lap before getting a black flag because my bike was too loud haha. . good times..

that's why a lot of people prefer archy, cheaper, no yearly licenses, good people and no noise restrictions.

3 coolers on that motor is a good idea, so the thrid is under the seat, not perfect but better than 2 for sure, so long a a high volume pump was installed.

Haha. I wouldn't mind seeing how he set the exhuasts up and the oil coolers. Some one buy it and show me pictures. Please??

Ive rolled 2 oil cooler's and twin muffler's
never 3 of either though..
i have to admit, 2 oil cooler's work better then 1
muffler's didnt change much

yer its a good ideal but there jst not in the best of spots, theres no air flow to 2 and the one under the seat wouldnt get that much,

seb got a pic of your two coolers??

i did, it was on my old jailing 140
i had the going vertical down on either side of the fender's like the vert pro 08-09
imo they worked pretty decently, was pretty dev's wen my older brother left the garage open :(
also stole my dad's supermotard shoe helmet and A-star boot's

Mini Motard build...

Hey guys this is my Mini Motard build... :D

Started with a used Rogue 150 (in std dirt set-up) and have just about finished the first stage of conversion to Mini Motard spec.

Bike: 09 Dirtmax Rogue
Engine: Dirtmax YX 150
Head: Std
Piston: Std
Gearbox: Std 4 speed
Clutch: Std
Sprockets: Std
Carb: Std 28mm Molkt
Air Filter: Uni Filter
Exhaust: Std 32mm header w/ Higashi silencer
Front Rim: 12 x 2.15
Front Tyre: 100/90 Dunlop TT92F GP
Rear Rim: 12 x 2.5
Rear Tyre: 120/80 Dunlop TT92 GP
Frame: Std Chromoly
Swingarm: Std Alloy
Bars: ProTaper seven eighths
Forks: Std Conventional
Rear Shock: DNM
Front Brakes: Single piston 190mm rotor
Rear Brakes: Single piston 190mm rotor
Local Track: Wollongong City Raceway

DSC_0208-m.jpg

DSC_0201-m.jpg

Still to do:
- Crash Bobbins
- Hand Guards
- Fork Brace
- Ride, ride & ride
- Sprocket change
- Front brake upgrade

Like the bike and expecially the Higashi silencer - looks nice!

Looks nice. Like the kickstarter, nice an green. Whats better for motard USD or STD forks?

Colourblind much?

Whatever is the better fork really... usually Usd's are better. but Std forks can be good!

Latest posts

Back