Mini Motard setup

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that would be weird... wouldnt you of been taught that the green you see is called gold?

Nope. I found out I was colour blind, dislexic and short shighted at the age of 8ish.. Sucks but meh. I could still learn but it doesn't effect me much. Its only a few colours I can't see oor I enterpret them differently....

e.g, purple and blue
gold and green
Little green and yellow
Black and brown

And a few more but meh :D:D Makes me, me.

- Parenting and Child Health - Health Topics - Colour blindness
- Home: Thank God I'm Dyslexic
- Vision Problems Short sightedness (myopia), far sightedness (presbyopia), astigmatism, cataracts - Laser Sight

1 web-site for 1 problem :D:D

DSC_0201-m.jpg

Real nice ! - keep us upto date on upgrades !

Like the bike and expecially the Higashi silencer - looks nice!

Thanks! pretty happy with the note it makes too. It is noticeably quieter than the stock canister (which was ridiculously loud and crackly). I plan to swap between pipes at the track to see if i can notice any difference in the power delivery.

Just having fun tinkering at the moment :p

Looks nice. Like the kickstarter, nice an green. Whats better for motard USD or STD forks?

Probably depends more on the quality of the fork. Cheap USD forks with no adjustment are not any better IMO.

I plan to add a fork brace to reduce flex, but my main hurdle will be lack of adjustment.

PS that green :p kick starter is going. You can have it once I find a decent cast one.

How bout a bump on this thread? Would love to see what everyone is running at the moment :)

yeah tinkering is half the fun sometime.... well riding is pretty good so maybe 1/4 of the fun, but still fun

really neat bike. looks like you keep it in good nick too. that cooler looks like a decent one.

the Little brembo's are a good brake upgrade.

what do people think are a better tyre 'vee rubbers' or 'dunlop's (tt92)'
keep this thread going. anything motard is orsum

Love the bike above... Nice as..

I have noticed that some people run low SE bars and others run xr50 se bars.. what's difference, just personally preference??

I wouldn't mine trying low rise bars but 80 bucks is a lot to fork out to find I didn't like 'em.

With regard to tyres, eveyone at the National round on the w/e were running TT92's and I think someone pulled out the Bridgstone equivilant. I'm not really sure as the difference, all Iknow is that the metrakit use the TT's as a control tyre and its a well performing one at that. Haven't seen a set of Vee Rubbers but would be interested.
But after the weekend, my next investment will be a set of wet's! You definatly need something soft and sticky in the rain as the TT's jsut dont get any heat.

With regard to tyres, eveyone at the National round on the w/e were running TT92's and I think someone pulled out the Bridgstone equivilant. I'm not really sure as the difference, all Iknow is that the metrakit use the TT's as a control tyre and its a well performing one at that. Haven't seen a set of Vee Rubbers but would be interested.
But after the weekend, my next investment will be a set of wet's! You definatly need something soft and sticky in the rain as the TT's jsut dont get any heat.

I know of 2 people that run Bridgestone so they must be alright..

PMT make a wet tyre.. If you go by their pocket bike wet tyre they are the ones to have.. They are like marshmallows.. lol

on the topic of motard tyres...what is a good street motard tyre?
tt92? or are they too soft for a daily ridden bike and wear out too quickly?

as far as I know they aren't street legal..

ah im not too fussed if its street legal or not... i kno they offer awesome grip so im sold on that... i just would lik bit more wear out of them because the bike is a daily...
either that or get a similar looking tyre to give it that motard look... but from my research there isnt a size which is exactly the same as the tt92's

ah im not too fussed if its street legal or not... i kno they offer awesome grip so im sold on that... i just would lik bit more wear out of them because the bike is a daily...
either that or get a similar looking tyre to give it that motard look... but from my research there isnt a size which is exactly the same as the tt92's

as far as I know they aren't street legal..

I run tt92s on my rx and no where on the side wall of the tyre does it say not for road/highway use so going by that as far as i can see they are infact street legal.

I run tt92s on my rx and no where on the side wall of the tyre does it say not for road/highway use so going by that as far as i can see they are infact street legal.

Definately are road legal,i got pulled over again late this afternoon and the copper went over my bike (RX) from top to bottom making a point of telling me the tyres resemble cut slicks.After a few minutes of him looking over it and not finding any indication they were "not for highway use" he let me go only to get tailed by another cop car 5 minutes later.

nice
=)

so how is the wear on them for a street ridden bike?
might be might my imagination but my new pirelli on the rear of mine seems to be wearing out pretty quick...as in quicker than i thought...
thats y i ask bout the tt92

they have been wearing fairly slowly.
They offer excellent grip and balance, ive been coming off the charlestown bypass down from 90km/h with no hands on the bars, steering with my legs!

Like Dabomb said they seem to be wearing well,but keep in mind they wont last as long as a cheaper tyre because they have a high rubber content which is what gives you the grip rather than a high plastic content in the cheaper tyres which offers less grip but helps them last longer.
Another thing to keep in mind is when you run grippy tyres you tend to push a bit harder which also lessens the life of the tyre.

Latest posts

Back