minibike workshops

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie39

Reaction score
are there any minibike workshops around melb? west subs?
i have got my bike working again, rode it, died again...
i havent looked at it in over a week as i dont get much time anymore with travel for work and other after hours things i am involved in.
i have a new cdi, new spark plugs, i smashed the welds of the oil cooler so i am not sure on re welding it or just buying a new one. also thinking of a new carb to replace the molkt that is on there from factory. however i just dont get much time to do it.

you know I can do it .......... I wouldn't trust any pitbike shop with it

don't go to fx racing they will stuff your bike as i found out a few months ago:mad:
don't go to city motorbikes they don't fix stuff right.

im not sure if buzz bikes or braap is any better

Last edited:
The word "China" should come into play for the above problems....

I have had all that stuff happen on china parts.

yeah i remember saying u could dvdrip, i just dont like putting someone in the position where i dont really know them and ask for them to fix my bike...
as far as i can tell it must be the china syndrome thing... its only for a little cousin to stuff around on so i just want it to start & run. assume it could be carby related or valve related.

you know I can do it .......... I wouldn't trust any pitbike shop with it

I'd go with Dv over a shop mate ...one he'a well known and respected member of the site who's fixed other members bikes ...two he knows his stuff ...3 he'll be alot cheaper ...4 he'll do a better job ... 5 I wouldn't trust many shops ...6 he's simply a good bloke ;)

yep, id trust dvdrip over any china shop...
havent heard a bad thing about his work so far...

where abouts is buzz bikes?
i have heard heaps of good things about dvdrip, but just didnt wanna put him out, not knowing him to well and all... but if he is happy to do it, its no rush... not like i need it back in 2 days or anything. i dont get a chance to look at it anyway.

yea don't bother me who ya take it to, I've told you I can do it.... I never taken my bike to a shop but everyone who has comes back with bad stories, and that pretty much covers any shop in vic that I know of.

Buzz bikes trying to charge me $20 for an exhaust manifold gasket (value $1) is enough to guarantee I'll never step foot in their shop

well im not exactly too sure what the problem is with it, as i havent pulled it apart yet or even had a chance to try and toy with it... but looking to fix it so it can be passed on to the kids.

already bought 10 for $10 posted to my door, buzz bikes can suck a fat one

don't go to fx racing they will stuff your bike as i found out a few months ago:mad:
don't go to city motorbikes they don't fix stuff right.

im not sure if buzz bikes or braap is any better

stfu, everyone is sick of you bagging fx racing and city moto... You are the dickhead that keeps going back and gets ripped off.. If they are bad, don't go there.. Simple...

as soon as i get some time dvdrip ill be asking for your assistance with the mini if that ok?

I'd go with Dv over a shop mate ...one he'a well known and respected member of the site who's fixed other members bikes ...two he knows his stuff ...3 he'll be alot cheaper ...4 he'll do a better job ... 5 I wouldn't trust many shops ...6 he's simply a good bloke ;)

Yeah id go with Rip before I even thought about taking it to a shop, mainly because of all the reasons Dready mentioned. I'll be getting him to do all my repairs and mods once im able to get back on the bike.

Just one question Rip. Are you insured to cover your ass just in case sh!t happens? Like if you have someones bike you are working on and overnight you have a fire or get broken into and bikes stolen etc. I really hope you never have to deal with anything like that happening but if it ever does then you want to make sure your fully covered. Id hate to see you out of pocket for being a good bloke and helping a few fellow riders to fix their bikes at more than reasonable prices.

Heres another plug for ya ;) WestMinis

welll if a bike was stolen I'd have to pay for it I guess, I keep em locked away pretty good tho but I know shit can go down no matter what, good thing these bikes are cheap ;)

Latest posts

Back