modding a drz110????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyb

Reaction score
hey all,

just got myself a 2003 suzuki drz110 and wanted to know some good mods to get a little more power and better feel to the bike,

so far it has some low rise protapers which i was thinking of changing to the hi rise like the xr/cr50 style bars and ive also order a msr gear changer for it,

what other mods do you guys suggest to do?

thanks

matt.

yeah i did a search of the forum for drz110's and it comes up with nothing found when i search,

maybe im doing it wrong???? lol

the gear lever shafts are different from up to 04 and then 05-10 +

So make sure you get the right one .

How much power are you looking at going , and how much you willing to spend .

High rise tapers are pretty good on the stock clamps to .

check out planet minis forum alot of good info for them on there, you will be buying pretty much all your aftermarket parts from the usa aswell . there a good bike tho

yeah i just brought hi rise protapers they should be here this week, and billyxxx yeah ive noticed all the parts on ebay for them are from the USA and wogtaz ryder i dont want to go to crazy cause its for my missus to use aswell,

was just thinking about new exhaust and maybe air filter???

was just thinking about new exhaust and maybe air filter???[/QUOTE]

you wont get much more performance out of that

could go pod filter and open up the exhaust abit .
i had a 134 kit on my old one with stock head/carby etc and fmf 4.1 exhaust and it went pretty good!

But most of the stuff will have to be sourced from the u.s .
you could get a old yx150/160 or z155 cylinder/piston and either bore your cases or turn down the spigot on the cylinder to make it fit the klx . it will equal 143cc . can use the yx heads to for more performance.

thanks for the info guys, but i didnt want to go to crazy its just something to have a bit of fun on when i dont feel like getting the big bike out!

just out of interest to wogtaz ryder, what are the above mods you mentioned worth? and does the bike still remain semi auto?

cheers for that! are they hard to fit those kits? do you need to change anything else?

With abit of engine knowledge and a tutorial (heeps of them on the net) its pretty easy and straight forward .

If you have troubles with it you can always ask us and your sure to get a answer.

ok cool, cheers for that! do you need to change anything else along side installing the kit?

Nar that should bolt right up , you mite need to adjust the jetting abit in your carby . can get the jets from a moto shop . another decent investment is the adjustable needle if your keeping the stock carby . just to fine tune it abit more.

with the 134 kit a bigger carb would be the go tho .

cool thanks for that, im gunna head down to the 50 shop down my way to spk to them hopefully tomoz!

but thanks for the help buddy!

Latest posts

Back