Mod'ing Your Crf50 - Tutorials

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i agree with fd1 and unit about the choke mod it just makes the bike harder to start im puttin mine back in before i sell it

yeah i just liked the bike so i put it as my dp lol but ive got mine in there now it needs an 88limited heaps bad

The choke mod will make no difference, look at the reduction in size further inside the carby. Anyway heres what we did to a mates stocker. Cleaned up the ports(very minimal porting) and matched the manifold, pod filter, head gasket mod, CDI (not that it makes much difference) exhaust mod(cut out the arrestor) and tuned the carby. Now its not stump pulling power but it made a small difference and it revs a little bit further. A company in America called Powrol sell 15:1 pistons so we are playing with that idea with a cam and bigger carby(and good fuel of course). Back to the mods, you won't notice anything doing one at a time but do them all at once and you'll make a small gain for free basically. And its a good talking point for the boys!

If your gonna go to all that trouble, just get a limited kit.

Running Powroll 15:1 Comp piston your fuel will have to be Proper race fuel.Which will get pricey haha

I dont see the use in stock mods...But if you like that stuff its all good.

Yea i kind of agree. I have a BBR kit in my own bike and its very quick. But the Powroll set up would just be something different. We have done a little research on it. We could run E85 ethanol blend fuel if tuned right. Your right it won't go as hard as an 88 kit but it would be interesting to see how well it goes. If anyone has actually done one of these mods then post on here how well it goes(or went LOL)

heyy
i did the carbey 1 were u take air filter of turn the choke on and take out the srew and the plate.
just wondering do u actuary pull the hole choke lever out now cause it is just in there doin nuffan?
lol does n 1 no wat im tlkin bout?
put it all back to geather and the choke lever i can just pull straight out or leave it in there?

Dont bother with the choke mod. Put it all back together man.

Only thing it does is makes it hard to start when cold.

a real honda should start fist kick every time.....
replace the choke leaver with a small bolt cut it down and glue it in there
so it sits flush inside

Whats that meant to mean? A "real honda". I own multiple Honda's stock and 124 Mod. And i did that stupid choke "mod" ages ago and it did nothing. When it was cold days it was just harder to get it going when cold. But once again, go take your chokes to peices for no reason if you feel the need to listen to people who have no idea.......It does NOTHING.

hey sorry for kind of going off topic,
But Later on i might buy a honda crf50
but im not sure if ill fit. im sure ill be fine but i want to make sure.
i am 5 foot 2 and im planning on modding one in the future.
Any help will be appreciated :D:cool:

u will fit..

the bike your thinking of in your sig is a cr85, not a crf.. crf is a 4 stroke and 85's are 2 strokes..

good stuff will use this if i decide to mod a crf50 cheers mate

Latest posts

Back