Mods for a crf 100

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
My brother just purchased a second hand but near new crf100 for $1900 today and wants do do something to get a little more power out of it. So what mods would be most effective as he doesn't want to spend a heap of money at the moment.

And sorry if it does not class as a mini, wasn't really sure.

Tried tuning the 100 the other day but could not do it because the mixture screw did not have a groove in it to turn it. it was just a D shaped end on it. Does anybody else have this problem, how do I change the mixture? Will I need to cut my own screwdriver slot into it?

prob a oem tool for it? or a maybe mark where it is and use pliers or something?

#6, bottom, front, right? If no slot, you'll have to make one.

KSJAE1601.gif

Lightened flywheel is the best cheap mod available.
1/4 turn out on the idle mix and try one notch richer on needle.

Ok so my bro has just purchased one of these
NEW!!! BBR BIG BORE ENGINE KIT 120CC CAM HONDA XR100 & CRF100 # 411-HXR-1001 | eBay
and was also thinking of a fmf exhaust system like this
FMF Racing Mini PowerCore 4 Exhaust System Honda CRF100F 2004-2012 | eBay
but would prefer this
04-09 Honda CRF100F Yoshimura TRC Comp Series Full Exhaust ALUMINUM | eBay
04-09 Honda CRF80F/CRF100F Pro Circuit T4 Full Exhaust System | eBay
although these are a little out of his price range he may be persuaded if it is really worth the extra coin.

What he wants to know before he jumps into anything expensive is will putting on an exhaust like the fmf increase the power or just sound better? And are the other two much better?

Ok so my bro has just purchased one of these
NEW!!! BBR BIG BORE ENGINE KIT 120CC CAM HONDA XR100 & CRF100 # 411-HXR-1001 | eBay
and was also thinking of a fmf exhaust system like this
FMF Racing Mini PowerCore 4 Exhaust System Honda CRF100F 2004-2012 | eBay
but would prefer this
04-09 Honda CRF100F Yoshimura TRC Comp Series Full Exhaust ALUMINUM | eBay
04-09 Honda CRF80F/CRF100F Pro Circuit T4 Full Exhaust System | eBay
although these are a little out of his price range he may be persuaded if it is really worth the extra coin.

What he wants to know before he jumps into anything expensive is will putting on an exhaust like the fmf increase the power or just sound better? And are the other two much better?

From what I've read on a stock engine it will be louder and you could possibly lose power down low due to loss of back pressure. Actually that is for a crf50 so it may be different for a 100.

Also with your air/fuel screw unscrew it and get a dremel and cut a little slot into it so you can just use a normal screw driver :) That's what I did.

Latest posts

Back