molkt carb settings help needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomiknitrous123

Reaction score
hey guys I have just bought a Molkt carbie as an upgrade for a 125cc zongshen engine because the other carb was spluttering and required high revs to idle. The carb is a 26mm. Now i put it on and started the bike and it idled fine until the throttle is open about a 1/4 and it just bogs as if the kill switch is on. I played with air mixture and tried the needle on 2nd clip from the top but no change. the other carb is some chinese rip off and looks like around a 22mm. Is this carb to big for the engine or can u tune it to suit a 125? If u can tune please offer some tips on correct settings for jets, air mixture, needle setting etc. Any help much appreciated.

dude have a flick thru here... Carby & Tuning - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum
pretty much all carbs have a different tune.

your problem will more than likely be the pilot jet size as well as the main jet size..
also these carbs had a tendency to have poor float level settings...

can you post the jet settings in here so we can comment further.

personally i would of went a small OKO carb.. alot of ppl have reported troubles with the Molkt carbs..

Latest posts

Back