Monday Night Q & A

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwapperMX

Reaction score
Dont post here too often, but I have a dilemma, and was wondering people's thoughts. Maybe they have an idea that I haven't thought of yet.

What would you do ??

Say you have one of the fastest LXR's going round, running a 160 HO motor, which is seriously fast. Now, after tipping a heap of cash into it, you break a crank. What's your next move ??

Can i ask how you broke a crank ?
Any pic's ?

With some research I did today, it seems like the nut that holds the clutch on came loose, putting the crank balance out, and broke the crank on the stator side.

Sorry no pics on my computer, i just took stator cover off and clutch cover off to confirm. Sure enough, it turned out to be the case.

Repair it .. guess you have to weigh up the cost of a paying a mechanic ,DiY or new engine.

The clutch isn't bolted to the crank though ?

Nope, but with the research I was able to do, and the people I spoke to, they diagnosed it straight away. And were spot on with their diagnosis. That was me reading between the lines a bit for the cause, with the discussions we had.

My other dilemma was trying to find a new crank. DHZ have told me they can only supply "Reco'd" cranks, but I didnt ask in full what that meant. If that was second hand webs with a new big end and rod, or what ?? Any suggestions on what I could possibly look at buying?? Would certainly prefer new parts.

Latest posts

Back